Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over thelast 20 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in 23 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize forInnovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNNIBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham’s Digital Initiatives
Pratham has started several digital programs under the Pratham Open Schools project such as the LearnOut of the Box (LOTB) and Hybrid Learning (H-Learning) programs. The Hybrid Learning program aims to tap into the power of technology, giving access to high-quality educational content to learners ranging from school children to motivated adults. The digital content provided on tablets would be supported by several interactive activities and games exposing learners to the concept of self-learning. Lessons are designed to inspire learners to progress from being observers to participants. The project has been operational in 382 villages through 3000 tablets, since inception in 2015.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance ofapplications compatible across devices. Primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. The candidate shall be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch.”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Email the following to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of Android Developer’ in the subject line. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (500 Words)