About Pratham and Pratham Institute: Pratham is India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions. The Pratham Institute for Literacy, Education and Vocational Training is Pratham’s vocational skilling vertical, launched in 2010 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship. We work across the country to provide individuals with the employability skills needed to address India’s growing need for skilled manpower. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN‐IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service.
Our training centers are spread across 16 states in India. We have trained and placed over 20,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Electrician, Automotive and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs in Beauty and Tailoring to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mind set and have supported 500 entrepreneurs to set up their own micro‐enterprises. We have also trained over 60,000 people in digital literacy through our Education for Education Program.
Pratham Institute is a uniquely hybrid social enterprise with the energy and innovation of a start‐up backed with the scale, resources, brand and network of India’s biggest NGO. We attempt to leverage theses strengths to innovate and develop financially sustainable, cutting edge solutions to the problems of providing large‐scale information dissemination about jobs, access to training to reach employability, certification of skills, and provision of subsequent employment or self‐employment opportunities. Pratham is also known as a launch‐pad for young talent – our alumni have started significant organizations like Akshara Foundation, PRS and Kaivalya, and are regularly selected for elite education programs, including at Ivy League institutions like Harvard and Wharton. For more details, refer to http://prathaminstitute.org/
The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain coordination with regards to academic and administration requirements at the training Centre. The role would involve:
- Exploring and discovering Placement Opportunities locally and regionally.
- Building and maintaining regular contact with current as well as past employers.
- Providing support to employed student in the region.
- Tracking students for a span of 3 months post placement.
- Maintaining complete data of student and ensuring timely reporting of the same.
- Recovery of Post Placement fees.
- Helping the CPC to arrange On-The-Job Training sessions.
- Capturing feedback of students and recruiters on an ongoing basis.
- Arranging quarterly events for students with the help of PAL buddies.
Suggested candidate profile:
- Candidates with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Education qualification: Graduate with at least 2 year of work experience in field work.
- Candidates with experience in supervisory role will be preferred.
- Candidate with knowledge of computers
Location : New Panvel & Kamargaon -Ahmednagar (Maharashtra)
Remuneration: Rs 10,000‐ Rs 15,000 per month (negotiable and based on prior experience)
Accommodation: Out-station candidates will be provided accommodation facility at the Centre
Application Process: Email your Resume plus a Statement of Purpose (max 500 words) to email@example.com