Location: Jaipur, Delhi, Lucknow, Punjab (Kapurthala/ Jalandhar) and Madhya Pradesh (Jabalpur and Gwalior), Karnataka (Bangalore)
Note: Female candidate preferred.
About Pratham Institute: At Pratham Institute for Literacy, Education and Vocational Training, we work across the country to provide individuals with the employability skills needed to address India’s growing need for skilled manpower. Between now and 2025 over 250 million young people
are estimated to enter the Indian workforce, while only 5% of youth aged 20-24 have obtained vocational skills through a formal training system. Pratham’s Youth Skilling Program was therefore launched in 2005 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth
for employability or entrepreneurship.
Our training centers are spread across 21 states in India. We have trained over 45,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Automotive, Beauty, Electrical, Plumbing and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs in Beauty to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mind set and want to set up their own practices. We have also trained over 60,000 people in digital literacy through our Education for Education Program.
Pratham Institute launched the Beauty program in November 2011 to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship and train individuals to set up their own beauty centers. The Beauty program offers training courses as well as support for individuals who want to set up their own beauty
centers as independent businesses. We provide such individuals with initial financial support and mentorship for anywhere between 12-18 months. We handhold them in setting up their beauty centers and give them the franchisee ownership once they become self-sustainable. So far, we are
operating 14 training centers across Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Punjab, Andhra, Terengganu, Gujarat, UP, Orissa, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. Below chat shows the number of students enrolled and completed their training with us. So far, Pratham has supported more than
1000 entrepreneurs through this initiative.
Now we have launched “Beautypreneur” program which enables owners of beauty parlors to enhance, grow their business and increase their earnings. Pratham will act as a mentor for them to establish their business through financial and mentorship support. Pratham will help these beautypreneurs to explore new opportunities in the sector and to enhance their skill through different seminars and workshops.
Pratham is a very dynamic place to work, so the person needs to be comfortable with working on a number of different projects at the same time.
For more details, refer to http://prathaminstitute.org/
- Visiting existing beauty set ups and assuring that quality is being maintained
- Assessing and recognizing new beautypreneurs for Pratham to support in the region.
- Support the management of Beautypreneur Program and ensure timely implementation of annual work plans.
- Following beauty entrepreneur structure.
- Develop and update work plans and travel plans.
- Conducting Training for new entrepreneurs.
- Organise training or review for your regional beautypreneurs.
- Conduct seminar and workshops with beautypreneurs.
- Participate in regular meetings and assess work progress, discuss challenges and constraints and provide guidance and support
- Monitoring MIS, google sheets and other data.
- Following up on existing and new entrepreneurs for membership fees, log books, records, etc.
- Evaluate Beautypreneurs’ performance in delivering required outputs as planned.
- Provide other team members with updated information and knowledge on the project and status.
- Plan and execute events and mobilise the women in Beauty Sector.
- Communicating regularly with regional authorities.
- Flags in a timely way issues of strategic concern and seeks the Regional Project Manager advice in finding appropriate solutions.
- Mobilize goods and services to initiate activities at beautypreneur’s end, including communicating program specifications and agreement details;
- Overseeing all Beauty operations in particular region.
Qualification & Skills Required
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Minimum Qualification: Graduation/MSW
- 2-3 year of experience in the marketing/social work.
- Target oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Excel & Word, Internet, etc.)
- Person should know how to ride bike or scooty
- Would be able to commit for this role at least for one year.
- Good Communications Skills, team work, planning and organizing.
- Solution oriented and problem solver.
- Fluency in the Regional Language, Hindi & English.
- Experience/ interest in training and teaching.
According to industry standards
Interested candidates can email their resumes and statements of purpose to Rani Sharma at Ankita Joshi – email@example.com call – 7738274440 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91 9884584245.