Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
English Digital Content Intern – Job Description
We are looking for a sharp minded individual to join our English digital content team for an ongoing project on an immediate basis. The project involves an English learning application developed by Pratham, which was launched earlier this year. You will be responsible for assisting the English digital content team with compilation as well as management of application content related data and feedback systems. The position is temporary and will be limited to the duration of the project. As a digital content intern, you will be expected to provide support to the team in the following aspects:
- Assist in reviewing current content and database and providing timely feedback.
- Assist in updating the database based on feedback and program requirements.
- Make observation based field visits to different states where the program will be implemented and formulate suggestions for improvement.
- Assist team coordinators with any other necessary tasks pertaining to management of digital content.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Languages: Proficiency in English is essential. Additionally, a working knowledge of Hindi for reading, writing and typing.
- Willingness to travel to field areas in different parts of the country using various modes of transport.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in use of MS word, MS excel, Google Drive
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to work well in teams
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
Prior knowledge and experience in content creation and digital media preferred. But freshers are also welcomed to apply.
Send the following before 1st August to email@example.com (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of Intern- English Digital Content’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Languages Spoken