ABOUT PRATHAM INSTITUTE
Pratham Institute, the vocational skilling vertical of Pratham Education Foundation was started in 2005 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship. Our 85+ training centers are spread across 15 states in India. We have reached over 1,00,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Electrician, Automotive, Beauty and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs in Beauty and Construction to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mind set and have supported 1,500 entrepreneurs to set up their own micro-enterprises.
Pratham Institute is a uniquely hybrid social enterprise with the energy and innovation of a start-up backed with the scale, resources, brand and network of India’s biggest NGO. We attempt to leverage these strengths to innovate and develop financially sustainable, cutting edge solutions to the problems of providing large-scale information dissemination about jobs, access to training to reach employability, certification of skills, and provision of subsequent employment or self-employment opportunities. Pratham is also known as a launch-pad for young talent – our alumni have started significant organizations like Akshara Foundation, PRS and Kaivalya, and are regularly selected for elite education programs, including at Ivy League institutions like Harvard and Wharton. For more details, refer to http://www.prathaminstitute.org/
Pratham Institute is currently building a research and innovation unit within the Program Development team which will focus on impact assessment, program monitoring, research publication and much more. The objective is to build a better understanding of the skilling ecosystem, entrepreneurship, migration and livelihoods within India. There will be an opportunity to design and implement projects of various scales across multiple domains. Some of the responsibilities involved in this role are:
- Design, pilot and finalise evaluation frameworks for impact assessment, intervention design, and program development.
- Handle collection and cleaning of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Prepare analysis reports for surveys and assessments.
- Coordinate with multiple teams for ensuring smooth program delivery.
- Write research papers, white papers, and articles for mainstream publications and conference presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates with a graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Information Technology or any related fields would be preferred.
- Candidates with 1-2 years of work experience will be preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is mandatory. Familiarity with Salesforce, Power BI, SQL would be a plus.
- Familiarity with technology and an interest in technology-based innovation would be an added asset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Fluency in Hindi and English. Ability to read multiple Indian languages is a plus.
- Willing and interested in travelling regularly to various locations across India.
DATE OF JOINING: IMMEDIATE
REMUNERATION: INR 20,000 TO INR 25,000 PER MONTH
Email your CV/Resume plus a Statement of Purpose (max 500 words) along with any samples of your previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org