Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in slums of Mumbai. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be one of India’s largest NGOs working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Life Skills Program
‘Life skills’ are defined as psychosocial abilities for adaptive and positive behaviours that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life.
Life Skills are loosely grouped into three broad categories: cognitive skills for analysing and using information, personal skills for developing personal agency and managing oneself, and inter-personal skills for communicating and interacting effectively with others.
At Pratham, Life Skills is an integral part of the Upper Primary program, Second Chance Program and vocational skilling programs. These programs are spread across the country.
Associate- Life Skills Program: Job Description
The Associate position in the Life Skills program offers interested and motivated people an opportunity to be a part of Pratham’s National Content Team. This person plays an important role in developing content; and designing and delivering trainings for Life skills programs. The Associate will be based in Delhi and his/her main responsibilities are as follows:
- Content development: The associate is required to keep track of new experiments and studies in the field of Life skills. He/she is responsible for creating new content, piloting new ideas and creating Training material. Training material is developed in multiple languages and the associate is required to translate the content in one or more languages.
- Training Design: This involves creating a training design and session plan for students as well as trainers.
- Assessment: Developing different types of assessment tools and formats to understand the impact of the Life Skills program is a requirement for this profile.
- Implementation support: The associate is expected to work closely with the State teams for coordinating trainings, collecting feedback through phone calls and actual visits and providing onsite support to trainers.
- Training of Trainers: This involves conducting ‘Train the Trainers’ workshops across programs for the respective Life Skills modules.
- Documentation: This involves training documentation, report writing and presentations for review meetings.
Who can apply
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Humanities or Management
- Fluency in English and Hindi and good writing skills
- Passion for teaching/training
- Exposure to non-profit sector is desirable
- Fluency in one more Indian language desirable
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PPT
- Willingness to travel 5-10 days every month throughout India
- Willingness to adjust to different modes of transport (train, buses, etc.) and staying conditions, as majority of the travel could be in rural areas
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment, initiative and self-discipline is important
- Work experience of one to two years is desirable
Send the following to Medhavi at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Current Resume
2. Statement of Purpose (500 Words)