Pratham is an innovative learning organization created to improve the quality of education in India. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system. Established in 1995 to provide education to children in the slums of Mumbai, Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service.
Learning with Vodafone is a digital education initiative being implemented by Pratham Education Foundation and funded by Vodafone India Foundation and Indus Towers Ltd. The programme is an innovative teacher-centric technological intervention which is currently working with 2,500+ schools across eight states with the aim of equipping teachers with innovative teaching practices and ability to integrate technology in their classrooms. The programme has developed a holistic teacher portal Gurushala (www.gurushala.co) to take this vision forward.
The position of ‘Associate-Monitoring and Evaluation’ will form part of the team that is responsible for all designing the monitoring framework for the programme. This will entail the incumbent being in contact all other domains for joint performance analysis. The incumbent will also be responsible for designing and implementing rapid evaluation exercises.
- Develop a monitoring process for the programme
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the programme including establishing short & medium term monitoring goals
- Monitor the implementation on parameters and identify points for improvement
- Suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the programme by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results
- Develop impact indicator for the project success
- Co-design the evaluation tools and execute the entire impact evaluation study
- Compile results of the impact evaluation study and create a plan for implementation of learnings
Maintaining the Log Framework
- Monthly monitoring of the deliverables indicated in the log framework
- Proposing changes and updating the log framework as per programme implementation
Reporting and Documentation
- Report weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all programme activities
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for programme staff
- Prepare and maintain all data bases
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives in a target driven work environment
- Good command written and verbal communication (both in English and Hindi)
- Advanced knowledge of using Microsoft office suite, Google suite. Candidates with additional knowledge of excel features will be preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to see both the big picture as well as micro issues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle backend database for data collection and presented
- Candidates with knowledge of statistical tools will be preferred
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports. Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English language.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- An under-graduate/post-graduate degree with up to 02 years of full-time work-experience will be preferred
Working Details and Remuneration
- Remuneration will be commensurate to candidate’s experience and will be within the range of INR 28,000-38,000 gross per month
- The incumbent will be based in New Delhi and will have to travel regularly across the country
To Apply and Last Date
- Interested candidates should submit their resume via the link given below by 31 March 2020
- Early applications will be given preference in the selection process
- Link: http://bit.ly/39N66N4 Please sign-in with your Gmail account to access the link
For any queries or clarifications required, you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 11 49059416, 49059417