Pratham is an innovative learning organization created to improve the quality of education in India. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system. Established in 1995 to provide education to children in the slums of Mumbai, Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service.
Learning with Vodafone is a digital education initiative being implemented by Pratham Education Foundation and funded by Vodafone India Foundation and Indus Towers Ltd. The programme is an innovative teacher-centric technological intervention which is currently working with 2,500+ schools across eight states with the aim of equipping teachers with innovative teaching practices and ability to integrate technology in their classrooms. The programme has developed a holistic teacher portal Gurushala (www.gurushala.co) to take this vision forward.
The position of ‘Associate- Partnerships and Collaborations’ will form part of the team that is responsible for all partnerships and collaborations of the Learning with Vodafone programme. The goal of the programme is to increase the reach of the Gurushala portal. The programme also aims to partner and collaborate with various organizations and individuals to co-create online courses and content for in-service and pre-service teachers. This position is suitable for candidates who are interested in the domains of partnerships, outreach and business development within the social development sector. The incumbent will have to forge and maintain relationships at an institutional and individual level.
School/College partnerships for programme implementation
- Identification of partners like government organizations (Directorate of School Education, SCERT, Samagra Shiksha, etc), private school associations, educational societies, NGOs and teacher training institutions (DIETs, Universities, B.Ed/D.Ed colleges) across India for implementation of the programme in partner schools and colleges
- Securing of partnerships through outbound cold calls, emails, meetings and presentations, and secure MoUs with the partner management
- Partnership management including on-boarding of partner, liaison with partners for teacher and student inductions, facilitating creation of database, sharing and discussing periodic monitoring reports of performance of teachers/students in the programme and communicating other programme related engagements and updates (competitions, workshops, seminars etc.)
Course and content partnerships and collaborations for the Gurushala Portal
- Identification of potential course collaborators (organizations and individuals) including government organizations (SCERT, DIET, NCERT, NIEPA, NCTE etc.), NGOs, CSR initiatives and Universities across India for co-creation of MOOC courses on pedagogy, classroom management and other teacher training related themes
- Identification of potential content partners and collaborators (organizations, individuals, Youtube channels, etc) for hosting content on Gurushala’s content library, securing permission for hosting content and translation in regional languages
- Securing partnerships and collaborations through outbound cold calls, emails, meetings and presentations
- Partnership management including on-boarding of partner/collaborator, facilitating agreements on course/content design and branding, co-creating and implementing course/content outreach plan etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to convincingly pitch the goals, objectives and expected outputs and outcomes of the programme to potential partners and collaborators
- Ability to come up with innovative and alternative solutions to problems and barriers in the process of partnerships and collaboration
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives in a target driven work environment
- Good command written and verbal communication (both in English and Hindi)
- Basic working knowledge of using Microsoft office suite, Google suite
- Knowledge of stakeholders working in the Indian education ecosystem including governments, NGOs, private school associations, ed-tech players, universities etc. will be an asset
- An under-graduate/post-graduate degree with up to 02 years of full-time work-experience will be preferred
Working Details and Remuneration
- Remuneration will be commensurate to candidate’s experience and will be within the range of INR 33,000-38,000 gross per month
- The incumbent will be based in New Delhi and will have to travel regularly across the country
To Apply and Last Date
- Interested candidates should submit their resume via the link given below by 31 March 2020
- Early applications will be given preference in the selection process
- Link: http://bit.ly/39N66N4 Please sign-in with your Gmail account to access the link
For any queries or clarifications required, you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 11 49059416, 49059417