Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNNIBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Content Associate — Grade 1 & 2 Team
The position of an Associate in the Grade 1 & 2 Team offers wide spectrum of opportunity in the education sector and becoming integral part of Pratham’s work across India. The Central Grade 1 & 2 Team functions along following outlines:
- Development of quality learning content for Hindi and Math
- Building and reinforcement of teachers’ capacities, via training workshops on pedagogy and maximized learning techniques in Indian classrooms
- Tracking field progress through field visits, testing content feasibility and following reports
Roles and Responsibilities The primary roles and responsibilities of a Content Associate will include:
- Learning material in Hindi and Math: The Associate will create quality learner-centric material for young learners in conformity with the requirements of any project/region.
- Teacher-training material: The associate will design modern and dynamic training approaches for the teachers. He/she will also train teachers in various locations on the specific manuals and modules created.
- Capacity building: The associate will build Pratham’s field staff’s capacity by handling project-specific trainings/workshops in various locations. By interacting with teachers on an on-going basis, he/she will understand the requirements of teachers and students, as-well-as design and implement changes wherever required.
- Field visits: The associate will periodically make visits to project locations in order to personally gauge classroom issues, assist teachers and write reports on crucial field categories.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree (Social Work/ Early Childhood Care and Education/ Psychology/ Child Development and related fields)
- Strong command over oral and written Hindi and English language
- Discerning eye for editing and modifying content
- Ability to communicate fluently in Hindi and English
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- 0 – 2 years of work experience
- Strong interest in the goals of Pratham
- Comfortable with extensive field work and travel
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with rural and semi-urban regions of India
- Willing to travel frequently
- Work experience in development projects
- Qualification of teaching- learning methodology in early years
- Preference will be given to person with Master’s in Social Work/ Early Childhood Care and Education/ Psychology/ Child Development
-Send the following to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of Content Associate – Grade 1&2 Team’ in the subject line:
i) Current Résumé: Résumé should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended; Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
ii) Statement of Purpose (500 Words)
– Based on the résumé and Statement of Purpose, suitable candidates will be shortlisted for a brief telephonic interview and will be required to submit a written assignment.
-Further shortlisted candidates will be invited for a final round of interview.
We are accepting applications on rolling basis till the position is filled.
- ₹ 25,000 – ₹30,000 per month.
- Salary shall be finalized based on the experience and skill set of candidates. Salary is negotiable for exceptional candidates.
- Travel, food and lodging costs for work related travel outside base location shall be separately borne or reimbursed on actuals by Pratham.