Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital Content
Pratham Digital has produced over 1700 videos and 200 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org.
These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content on to their android devices.
In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators and interest groups.
Research Associate – Job Description
We are looking for an analytical thinker to join our team. As a Research Associate, you will be responsible for
- Planning, organizing, and conducting research to leverage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology for use in projects to build smarter and customized learning apps for children
- Conducting research, utilizing online portals, archives, and collections, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
- Discuss findings with other team members to evaluate the validity of findings.
- Assist other team members with various tasks, including data entry, data storage, field research, statistical analysis and presentation preparation
- Lead collaborations and discussions with industry experts and institutions for various projects
- Prepare reports of completed projects for publication in technical journals, for presentation to stakeholders or in a conference, or for use in further applied or theoretical research activities.
- Lead conceptualization and execution of various skill volunteering activities
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science/Statistics
- Technical Skills: Machine learning and statistical methods, proficiency in programming with Python, familiarity with cloud computing is a plus
- Work Experience: Minimum 1-year work experience in the field of Data Science
- Good computing and mathematical analysis skills
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Ability to work well in teams
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
Send the following to email@example.com (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of Research Associate’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Languages Spoken
2. Portfolio of previous work (optional)