Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital Content
Pratham Digital has produced over 1700 videos and 200 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org.
These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications – has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content on their android devices.
In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators, and interest groups.
About ‘Preparation for Life’
Pratham’s digital content falls under three important domains – Preparation for School, Preparation for Work, and Preparation for Life. ‘Life’ is a non-traditional domain that aims to broaden the scope of ‘education’ by incorporating a variety of subjects like creative arts & expression, health & hygiene, environment, inclusive education, and sports. We believe exposure to and awareness about these different facets of life will foster 21st-century skills and help children & young adults make better life choices.
Content Associate – Job Description
There are 5 main buckets under the Preparation for Life domain – Creative Arts, Health & Hygiene, Environment & Sanitation, Inclusive Education, and Sports.
We are looking for a creative and passionate person to join our Preparation for Life team. As a Content Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the timely creation of ‘course’ packages in the above-mentioned life buckets. This would include assistance in ideation & planning of content, identification, and communication with potential partners as well as assessment and training plans.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding of or experience in any of the 5 buckets under life domain
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Creative thinking
- Good communication & leadership qualities to take responsibility for a project end to end (from ideation to delivery)
- Technical Skills: Report Writing, Proficiency in use of MS word, MS Excel, PPT, Google Drive
- Work Experience: 1-year experience in content creation or other relevant domains (preferred)
- Languages: English and at least one of Hindi or Marathi – Reading, Writing, and Typing
- Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Location: Mumbai (Remote working from home during lockdown)
- Willingness to travel to field areas on a requirement basis
No. of Positions: 2
Remuneration: 30 to 35k per month subject to qualification and experience
Send the following before 30th September to email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of content assistant in the subject line, with the following attachments:
- Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
- Contact Information of the Applicant
- Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Languages Spoken
- Statement of Purpose – defining why you are interested in this domain
- Portfolio of previous work (optional) – Fresh Graduates can also apply.