About Pratham and Pratham Institute: Pratham is India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions. The Pratham Institute for Literacy, Education and Vocational Training is Pratham’s vocational skilling vertical, launched in 2010 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship. We work across the country to provide individuals with the employability skills needed to address India’s growing need for skilled manpower. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. Our training centers are spread across 16 states in India. We have trained over 1,00,000 youth and placed over 85% youth till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality,
Construction, Electrician, Automotive and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mind set and have supported over 2500 entrepreneurs to set up their own micro-enterprises.
For more details, refer to http://prathaminstitute.org/
Currently, over 20,000 youth from 500+ villages are connected with Pratham Institute over WhatsApp groups for information and updates on employment opportunity. PI seeks to establish continuous two-way engagement to create an informed community. The role would involve:
– Creating ‘community news bulletin’ network — to share information about ongoing activities in communities. This would involve working closely with teams, compiling information, sharing write ups, and packaging the bulletin for easy phone-based consumption.
– Writing and editing information packages to be sent to youth, with information about new courses, job vacancies and interviews.
– Curating informative content on interview tips, work readiness, financial literacy to be shared with virtual communities.
– Managing engagement and virtual community and guidelines on WhatsApp and Facebook Workplace.
– Interviewing youth, writing and editing stories and circulating aspirational stories to be shared and writing stories of youth leaders in communities.
Suggested candidate profile:
• Proficiency in English, Hindi and at least one more regional language.
• Ability to work well with large teams and multiple projects.
• Ability to autonomously handle multiple projects and tasks in an environment.
• Ability to take leadership in ambiguous situations, even when unsupervised.
Date of Joining:
November (may be negotiated based on candidate preferences).
For more details, contact email@example.com