Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham Digital Content
Pratham started its digital intervention (www.prathamopenschool.org) with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 10 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational learning camp programs and also in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Play store as the PraDigi app, which was launched in October 2017 along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
Hardware and Store Manager – Job Description
We are looking for an analytical thinker to join our team. As a Hardware and Store Manager, you will be responsible for
- Set up computers and necessary peripheral devices (tabs, Raspberry Pi, routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as Hardware and Store Manager or relevant position
- Excellent diagnosis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and Tabs
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g., Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org & cc email@example.com (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of Hardware and Store Manager’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
- Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Language Spoken