Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Initiatives
Pratham started its digital intervention with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos in and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 11 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, the digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational programs and in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Playstore as the PraDigi app, the Foundation Course App and Read and Speak English App along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
The digital hardware and software are currently available in various Pratham programs across 21 states with content in 11 languages including Punjabi, Assamese, Bengali, Odiya, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
Design and Branding Associate – Job Description
The Design and Branding position in the Digital Innovations team offers young, motivated, creative people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country. This person is responsible for the creative image and visual communication of Pratham Digital, with strategising the overall branding of the vertical, and designing collaterals accordingly. The associate will play this role for numerous programs under Pratham Digital and will be based in .
● Branding: Understand the organisation profile and goals, to create an overall brand identity. This involves talking to key stakeholders and closely researching the organisation’s work. Design branding tools that can be utilised across the organisation, which include but are not limited to application logos, colour scheme, illustrations, collaterals. Assist all stakeholders within the organisation adapt to the brand strategy, and ensure it is well-adopted.
● Designing: Utilise expertise in designing tools and understanding of branding strategy to conceptualise creatives and take them to completion. Designing includes illustration for all learning content in the organisation such as animation for games, videos, along with brochures, posters, reports. This involves connecting with other members of the organisation to understand their requirement, applying their own artistic sense and delivering creatives. Designed products will be utilised for internal and external initiatives.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
● 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role
● Exceptional artistic, aesthetic and design sense
● Highly proficient with design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe X
● Strong knowledge of UI and UX design principles
● Solid understanding of brand identity and branding tools
● A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
● Full awareness of creative processes and techniques
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
● Understanding of EdTech and non-profit environment
● Ability to work well with people
● Self-motivation and pro-activeness
● Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail
● Willingness to commit to at least 2-3 years of work with Pratham
Send the following before to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate- Design and Branding’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
Complete Application should contain:
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain
● Contact Information for Applicant
● Academic Background
● Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
● Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Communication, Media, Design
● Experiences in branding, design (if applicable)
2. Design Portfolio
3. Statement of Purpose (500 Words)
Early Applicants will be given preference.
Date of Joining: Immediate