Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham Digital
Pratham Digital has produced over 5600 videos and 500 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org.
These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages and English helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content on to their android devices. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators and interest groups.
Associate – Content Development (Support and Services) – Job Description
The Associate position in the Pratham Digital Team offers young, interested, and energetic people a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s work towards addressing educational inequalities in the country. This job role will impart a comprehensive experience and a thorough understanding of how to design and provide training for the use of the digital content.
Her/his main responsibilities include:
1. Training Design and Support: The person has to provide training support to a large field team (internal) and partners (external) spread across different parts of the country for effective use of the contextualized digital content. The individual will also be responsible for provision of specific/required content to be used in a wide array of programmes (internal and external). S/he will liaise between the field team and the content team to update them on feedbacks received.
2. Assessments: The person is expected to support in the process of making Assessments (correcting the database, uploading the same on a portal, and checking the same on the learning application) from Content team’s end.
3. Liaise with the other steam: The Associate is expected to support the team to make products related to content/programme in coordination with the technology team. S/he has to track and prioritize the work as per the requirements. Additionally, they have to coordinate with the technology and the program team as and when required.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelors/Master’s Degree in any field
2. Computer proficiency: Email, Microsoft Office, and basic Google applications such as, Drive
3. Ability to communicate in Hindi, English and any other regional language
4. Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities (post COVID)
5. Ability to work well in teams
6. Self-motivation and proactiveness
7. Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
8. Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Associate, Content Development (Support and Services) – Pratham Digital’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
● Contact Information for Applicant
● Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
● Academic Record (Marks or GPA)
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Experiences in development, and/or education (if applicable)
● Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (300 Words)