Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital Content
Pratham started its digital intervention (www.prathamopenschool.org) with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 10 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational learning camp programs and also in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Play store as the PraDigi app, which was launched in October 2017 along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
Hardware and Store Manager – Job Description
The Hardware and Store position in the Pratham Digital Team offers motivated and energetic people a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s innovative work in the digital landscape. If you consider yourself to be an analytical thinker, then you fit right in!
Her/his main responsibilities include:
● Facilitate and manage the setting up of digital devices (tablets, Raspberry Pi, routers, printers etc.)
● Administer timely functional checks on tablets and computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure smooth and effective implementation
● Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
● Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
● Organize and schedule upgrades and ensure maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
● Supervise vendor-management, including purchasing the tablets and other necessary parts
● Maintain records of repairs and maintain the overall purchase schedule
● Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and hardware
Desired Qualifications and Experience
● Proven experience as Hardware and Store Manager or relevant position
● Excellent diagnosis and problem-solving skills
● Good communication with different stakeholders
● Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
● In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and Tabs
● Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g., Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org & cc email@example.com (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of Hardware and Store Manager’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
● Contact Information for Applicant
● Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Languages Spoken