Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Initiatives
Pratham started its digital intervention with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos in and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 11 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, the digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational programs and in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Playstore as the PraDigi app, the Foundation Course App and Read and Speak English App along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
The digital hardware and software are currently available in various Pratham programs across 21 states with content in 11 languages including Punjabi, Assamese, Bengali, Odia, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
Pratham Digital has produced over 5600 videos and 500 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org. These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages and English helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward, we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content on to their android devices. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators and interest groups.
Regional Associate – Program Support (Supply and Support Services) – Job Description
The Associate position in the Pratham Digital Team offers young, interested, and energetic people an opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work towards addressing educational inequalities in the country. This job role will impart a comprehensive experience and a thorough understanding of designing and supporting various internal programs as well as managing external partners in the digital vertical.
- Key responsibilities include:
1. Coordination with internal and external partners: Reaching out to and supporting the internal teams and external partners. Coordination with stakeholders, understanding their needs and accordingly providing solutions to facilitate work.
2. Implementation support (Orientation and follow-ups): Ensuring that all implementation-related support is provided to internal programs. Implementation-related support comprises orientation of content and activities, as well as regular visits to the program and problem solving.
3. Supporting Partners: Taking responsibility of implementation support to external partners, and ensuring smooth and effective delivery of services.
4. Tech and data support: Coordinating with the technology team to solve any tech related issues, ensuring that programmatic data is shared and analysed regularly.
5. Other support: Providing any other support as and when required in the program.
- Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in any field
• Basic computer proficiency, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to communicate in Hindi, English and any other regional language
• Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities (post COVID)
• Ability to work well in teams
• Self-motivation and pro-activeness
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate, Program support (Support and Services) – Pratham Digital’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain:
• Contact Information for Applicant
• Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
• Academic Record (Marks or GPA)
• Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
• Experiences in development, and/or education (if applicable)
• Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (300 Words)
Early Applicants will be given preference.