Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Skilling
Pratham Skilling, the vocational skilling vertical of Pratham Education Foundation was started in 2005 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship. Our 85+ training centers are spread across 16 states in India. We have reached over 1,00,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Electrician, Automotive, Beauty and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs in Beauty and Construction to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mindset and have supported 3500+ entrepreneurs to set up their own micro-enterprises.
We attempt to leverage these strengths to innovate and develop financially sustainable, cutting edge solutions to the problems of providing large-scale information dissemination about jobs, access to training to reach employability, certification of skills, and provision of subsequent employment or self-employment opportunities. Pratham is also known as a launch-pad for young talent – our alumni have started significant organizations like Akshara Foundation, PRS and Kaivalya, and are regularly selected for elite education programs, including at Ivy League institutions like Harvard and Wharton.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Program Development Team supports Pratham’s work in workforce development, livelihood support and skill training. The associate would work with the larger team and play a key role in strategy development, donor relationships, impact measurement, content development, communication and overall program management. Based on area of interest, applicants will be able to specialise in one of the following core functions – Content Development, Fundraising, Data Management, Communication and Finance. Following are some of the tasks entrusted to the team:
- Engage with organisation leadership to support program design and strategy planning.
- Coordinate with operations teams to ensure program outcomes are met regularly and projects are fiscally efficient.
- Support partnerships with corporates, foundations, and HNIs. Will include budget planning, drafting proposals, project report submissions etc.
- Support data management and impact assessment for all ongoing programs
- Support external and internal communication activities
- Engage with academic teams to support content development, training, and other innovative projects
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Work, Communication or any related fields would be preferred.
- 1-3 years of work experience in the social sector is required. Preference for those who may have engaged in donor management/ social impact/ program management-based roles in the past.
- Excellent communication skills required, with proficiency in written and verbal skills.
- Fluency in Hindi and English. Ability to communicate in multiple Indian languages is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel is mandatory. Familiarity with Power BI, SQL, Stata, R etc would be a plus.
- Familiarity with technology and an interest in technology-based innovation would be an added asset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in an entrepreneurial environment. Self-motivation and keen interest in the development sector is expected.
Vacancies available in Mumbai, Bhopal, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Chennai
INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 per month. Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
The following documents need to be compiled and sent to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next stage.
- Statement of Purpose (500 words) – Highlights why you wish to be a part of the sector and your expectations from Pratham
- Writing Sample (500 words) – Write about a topic related to livelihoods, skill development, vocational training, entrepreneurship and/or migration which matches your interest. Include references to recently published reports and articles. The writing sample should demonstrate understanding of the sector and analytical writing skills.
- CV/ Resume with details about your academic background, work experience and other requirements listed above
- Two references to former employers or academics (if any)
- Links to published articles (if any)