Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNNIBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital
Pratham Digital has produced over 5600 videos and 500 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org. These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content on to their android devices.
In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators and interest groups.
Research Manager – Job Description
The Research Manager position in the Pratham Digital Team offers experienced, motivated, energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s work across the country. We are looking for people who love asking and answering questions using data. The posting will impart a comprehensive grasp of field issues of data, technology and most importantly education in India.
● The manager will coordinate with other teams to understand what analysis is required to be done.
● The manager will be required to plan and execute collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data. This will be a part of a team that will design, pilot and finalize research instruments (survey questionnaires and other items) based on project goals and indicators.
● The manager will create processes for the team to follow and set standards for data collection, analysis and presentation.
● The manager will guide the team on how to clean, analyze and visualise data in SQL, R, Power BI.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
A Minimum Post Graduate Degree in Economics, Statistics or related field
● Technical Skills: MS Excel, SQL, Power BI, R/Python
● Work Experience: Minimum 4 years’ work experience handling, visualizing and mining data.
● Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities
● Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and
● Ability to communicate in Hindi
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
● Ability to work well in teams
● Ability to manage teams
● Self-motivated and pro-active
● Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
Prior knowledge in the following domains, will be preferred:
● Statistical modelling
● Experience with Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, Naive Bayes, K-means, Random forest or other ML algorithms
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Research Manager– Pratham Digital’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
● Contact Information for Applicant
● Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
● Academic Record (Marks or GPA)
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Experiences in development, and/or education (if applicable)
● Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (300 Words)