Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Initiative
Pratham Digital has produced over 5600 videos and 500 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org. These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages and English helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of a content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content onto their android devices. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators and interest groups.
EdTech Fellow, Digital Innovations (Communications) – Job Description
The Fellow position in Pratham’s Digital Innovations Team offers young, interested, and energetic people a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country. This person will support in growing the digital footprints of PraDigi across various platforms, ensuring that the various programs and initiatives reach the last mile. The objective of the fellowship is to build the capacity for communication of an NGO, focusing on EdTech. If you are interested in social impact and digital, then this position is for you.
The expected responsibilities under the role are as follows:
Pratham Open School website: Collaborate and coordinate with the regional teams to spotlight the updates and information about programs and initiatives; consolidate the changes required in the UI/UX of the website and support in incorporating them weekly; support the team in updating blogs and articles
YouTube Marketing: Support the team in implementing the strategy designed for YouTube Marketing which includes channels optimisation and webinars; keep abreast with the latest trends and observance days; explore collaboration opportunities with artists/organisations for curating content in regional languages; support in preparing the performance reports and landscape analysis
Video marketing and content writing: Assist in preparing storyboards for the video productions; liaise with regional teams and community members for seeking information; support the team to ensure smooth operations and timely interventions; think of creative ways to make videos out of the repositories shared by community members
Email Marketing: Facilitate information required to design the newsletter monthly; update the list with relevant emails for the newsletter; contribute to the creation of performance reports
Design and Creatives: Support in designing posters and banners for various digital platforms in various languages; coordinate with designers and videographers to create unique and engaging content
Desired Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 0-2 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs, or foundations
- Familiarity with preparing design resources (graphics) using designing tools like Canva, Figma or photoshop
- Knowledge of digital marketing and content writing
- Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in Hindi or at least 1-2 other regional languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work well in teams and on tasks ranging from simple to complex
- Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios
- Self-motivation and proactiveness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience (including internships) or otherwise
Current Resume: The resume should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Marketing, Management, and Education
- Experiences in the development sector or in the context of education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
Statement of Purpose – Why are you fit for this opportunity? (500 Words)