Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Initiative
Pratham Digital has produced over 5600 videos and 500 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org. These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 11 regional languages and English helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of a content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content onto their android devices. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators, and interest groups.
EdTech Fellow, Digital Innovations (Communications) – Job Description
The Fellow position in Pratham’s Digital Innovations Team offers young, interested, and energetic people a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country. This person will support in growing the digital footprints of PraDigi across various platforms, ensuring consistent brand messaging so that it reaches the last mile. The objective of the fellowship is to build the capacity for communication of an NGO, focusing on EdTech. If you are interested in social impact and digital content and communication, then this position is for you.
The expected responsibilities under the role are as follows:
Content writing and copywriting: Produce content for various digital channels like social media, website, youtube, and email; incorporate SEO best practices and guidelines to develop high-quality content that can help rank higher in the search results; comfortable with long and short-form content for social media, press releases, blogs, articles, videoboards, etc.; work closely with the digital marketing team to produce content that generates results using right keywords research
Pratham Digital website: Collaborate and coordinate with the regional teams to spotlight the updates and information about products, programs, and initiatives; consolidate the changes required in the UI/UX of the website and support in incorporating them weekly; write and update blogs and articles
Video and design support: Coordinate with designers and videographers to create unique and engaging content for various digital media platforms; assist in preparing storyboards for the video productions; liaise with regional teams and community members for seeking information; support the team to ensure smooth operations and timely interventions; support in designing posters and banners for various digital platforms in various languages
YouTube Marketing: Support the team in implementing the strategy designed for YouTube Marketing which includes PraDigi’s channels optimisation and webinars; keep abreast with the latest trends and observance days; explore collaboration opportunities with artists/organisations for curating content in regional languages; support in preparing the performance reports and landscape analysis
Email Marketing: Facilitate information and write content required to design the newsletter monthly; update the list with relevant emails for the newsletter; contribute to the creation of performance reports
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 0-2 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs, or foundations
- Knowledge of digital content (website, blogs, social media, email, articles, press releases, etc.); comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry or target audience at hand
- Specialised in SEO and Keyword research
- Strong writing, grammatical, proofreading, and oral communication skills in English
- Familiarity with preparing design resources (graphics) using tools like Canva, Figma, or photoshop
- Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in Hindi or at least 1-2 other regional languages
- Ability to work well in teams and on tasks ranging from simple to complex
- Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios
- Self-motivation and proactiveness, ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience (including internships) or otherwise
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 21st September 2021. We may not be able to respond to all applicants.
1. Current Resume: The resume should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Marketing, Management, and Education
- Experiences in the development sector or in the context of education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
- Links to blogs or articles written in the past
2. Statement of Purpose – Why are you fit for this opportunity? (500 Words)