Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Skilling
At Pratham Skilling, we work across the country to provide individuals with the employability skills needed to address India’s growing need for skilled manpower. Between now and 2025 over 250 million young people are estimated to enter the Indian workforce, while only 5% of youth aged 20-24 have obtained vocational skills through a formal training system. Pratham’s Youth Skilling Program was therefore launched in 2005 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship.
Our training centers are spread across 21 states in India. We have trained over 5,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Automotive and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs in Beauty to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mind set and want to set up their own practices. We have also trained over 60,000 people in digital literacy through our Education for Education Program.
Pratham Skilling launched the Beauty program in November 2011 to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship and train individuals to set up their own beauty centers. The Beauty program offers training courses as well as support for individuals who want to set up their own beauty centers as independent businesses. We provide such individuals with initial financial support and mentorship for anywhere between 12-18 months. We handhold them in setting up their beauty centers and give them the franchisee ownership once they become self-sustainable. So far, we are operating 19 training centers across Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Punjab, West Bengal, Andhra, Terengganu, Gujarat, Bihar, Orissa, and Maharashtra.
Pratham is a very dynamic place to work, so the person needs to be comfortable with working on a number of different projects at the same time. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org/programs/vocational-training/
Roles & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this role is to plan and coordinate for the implementation of the beauty training program. This includes:
- Plan and strategize for creating and strengthening the expansion network for beauty training program
- Frequent travel required across PAN India
- Maintain the quality of the training centre
- Introduce the new course or new innovation in the program
- Monitoring and evaluation of centres
- Coordinate with various centre managers for ensuring quality of training and placement of students through in-campus and off-campus drives
- Developing, monitoring, and updating content for both technical and non-technical processes
- Locate or identify potential partnerships in the region by contacting potential partners (both Corporate and Government), discovering, and exploring opportunities locally
- Build and maintain regular connection with centre heads, trainers, placement coordinator and mobilizers
- Maintain a database and ensure timely reporting of the same
- Monitor in-campus interviews along with pre and post placement phases
- Interact with students and centre managers on an ongoing basis to understand student requirements and plug gaps where required
- Capture feedback of students and recruiters on an ongoing basis
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum Qualification – Graduate
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Fluency in English and Hindi (Marathi if possible)
- Excellent communication and networking skills to build rapport with employees and external donors and Government bodies
- Comfortable with extensive field work – willingness to travel on an ongoing basis
- Willingness to adjust to different modes of transport (train, bus, etc.) and staying conditions
- Strong interest in the goals of Pratham
- Based out of Mumbai
Email your Resume and cover letter to email@example.com
INR 20,000- 25,000 (May vary based on prior experience)