Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham’s Digital Innovations
Pratham started its digital intervention with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos in and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 11 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, the digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational programs and in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Playstore as the PraDigi app and Read and Speak English App along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
The digital hardware and software are currently available in various Pratham programs across 21 states with content in 11 languages including Punjabi, Assamese, Bengali, Odiya, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
Roles & Responsibilities
The manager will support conceptualization, incubation and implementation of new programmatic approaches and strategic initiatives. They will also facilitate the implementation of existing programs, both internal as well as the ones with external partners. The manager will:
- Work across teams to identify emerging requirements and accordingly create program strategies.
- Lead and support the growing portfolio of EdTech at Pratham
- End-to-end project management for projects i.e. including development of annual/quarterly goals, detailed budget planning, supporting operations, implementation and ensuring timely reporting.
- Identify innovative hypotheses based on current and future trends in EdTech and build pipeline of Pratham.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, bring together teams (content, analytics, field leadership) in pursuit of program outcomes, and communicate plans and seek inputs from Pratham leadership.
- Guide implementation and ensure on-ground execution aligns with program outcomes.
- Organize reviews to track progress and facilitate course corrections where required.
- Document and disseminate learnings from programs for both internal and external audiences.
- Create case studies, co-author and publish thought pieces and articles, draft presentations, and more.
- Support and manage relationships with other stakeholders such as funders, knowledge partners, and external researchers. Where required, help develop proposals and liaison with donors to seek funding for new programmatic initiatives.
- Take end-to-end ownership and complete additional tasks as needed to achieve program objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years of work experience, preferably in the development sector.
- Preferably Master in economics, management, or development studies.
- Interest in education policy and implementation.
- Bias towards action, an entrepreneurial temperament, and resourceful nature.
- Care for the people we serve and for the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with cross-cultural teams
- Ability to break down problems, conduct analyses, and structure solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of stakeholders and mobilize others towards a cause.
- Ability to analyse, visualize, and present data. Should be able to create compelling presentations as well.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- (Situation permitting) willingness to travel regularly to rural and remote areas of India, with limited amenities.
While remote work is ongoing, we are location agnostic. However, once offices reopen the candidate will need to be based out of either New Delhi, Pune or Mumbai.
Send the following before 25th December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate- Digital Innovations’ in the subject line, with the following attachments.
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain:
a. Contact Information for Applicant
b. Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (500 words)
Early applicants will be given preference.
Date of Joining: Immediate