Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown in both scope and size to become one of the largest non-profit organizations working with children and youth across India.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Innovations
Pratham started its digital intervention with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos in and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 11 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, the digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational programs and in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Playstore as the PraDigi app and Read and Speak English App along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
The digital hardware and software are currently available in various Pratham programs across 21 states with content in 11 languages including Punjabi, Assamese, Bengali, Odiya, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
Overview of Position
The Associate position in the Digital Innovations team offers young, motivated, energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country. This person is the crucial link between the program implementation team, central teams and donors. Their responsibilities stretch two ways – ensuring/ tracking program implementation as well as maintaining good relationships with the donor through regular reports, updates, etc.
The Associate will:
1. Program Review/Support
- Facilitate regular review and feedback: The associate for the program will need to facilitate/ conduct quarterly reviews of the programs. This will include regular liaison and communication with the central, implementation and analytics teams team to get information and data that helps measure the impact of this program. Qualitative inputs from field visits will also be part of these reviews. The Associate would work with the program head to plough back suggestions from these review meetings into implementation.
- Ongoing operations support: This will involve regular liaison and communication with state/program and central teams with respect to the emerging needs and demands at any point of time and facilitating processes through proposals, reports, internal co-ordination, communication, documentation and planning.
- Program tracking and financial management: Planning will need to be followed up with regular tracking of progress against plan. Financial management will comprise of ensuring that expenditure on the ground is as per plans and any deviations are being recorded and managed in an efficient manner.
- Internal reports and documentation: The Associate will be responsible for creating any internal reports and documentation of various activities to build internal knowledge on program implementation.
- Others: On an ad-hoc basis the Associate may be needed to handle relations with the government as a member of the central office of Pratham. Other advocacy related functions such as liaison with other NGOs, etc. may be required on the part of the Associate.
2. Donor Management
- Proposal creation: The Associate will be responsible for the creation of proposals for new potential donors. This will include defining objectives, conceptualizing model of implementation, designing implementation timelines, budgeting, designing reporting cycles, etc. in discussion with senior management and program/team heads.
- Regular reporting and communication: The Associate will be the primary organizational touchpoint for the donor and will be responsible for creating regular reports on progress of the project and engage in periodic conversations with the donor on program updates and future planning.
- Others: This includes facilitating visits for donors and any other form of communication with them.
Desired qualifications and experience
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs or foundations
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in Hindi or at least 1-2 other regional languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in teams and on tasks ranging from simple to complex
- Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative to support processes in an unstructured or ambiguous environment
- Keeping oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context in assigned states and in India
- Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities (as per the COVID-restrictions)
- Willingness to commit to at least 2-3 years of work with Pratham
- Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience or otherwise
- Coursework in international development or management
- Experience living and working in a developing country
While remote work is ongoing, we are location agnostic. However, once offices reopen the candidate will need to be based out of either New Delhi, Pune or Mumbai.
Send the following before 19th June 2022 to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate- Digital Innovations’ in the subject line, with the following attachments.
1.Current Resume: Resume should contain:
a. Contact Information for Applicant
b. Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (500 words)
Early applicants will be given preference.
Date of Joining: Immediate