Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognised organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the Learning Excellence Program, Gurugram
Part of Pratham’s flagship Read India Program, the Learning Excellence Program supports children in primary schools in villages of Gurugram district with a particular focus on children lagging behind their class-appropriate learning levels. In this program:
- Local educated young women are trained in activity-based learning methods where reading, comprehension, conversation, vocabulary building and basic math are the focal points of learning in direct classroom teaching in schools.
- The Local women teachers engage in direct classroom teaching and improve the basic literacy and numeracy skills among children in the age group of 6-14 years.
- Literacy groups are set up in schools, where reading material is provided to foster the habit of reading and enhance listening and comprehension skills among children.
The program has benefitted more than 1,00,000 children since its inception besides helping more than 1,000 local educated young women to develop into agents of social change.
- Provide day-to-day support, including administration and analytical tasks
- Act as an analyst for system enhancements and/or projects
- Perform data validation to assure integrity, accuracy and consistency, identify the root cause of data inconsistencies and process defects, and implement timely corrective actions
- Conduct data collection and analysis using SQL, PowerBI and Python
- Collaborate with operation teams to provide statistics or data that can help to drive insights
- Work with subject matter experts and Senior Management to understand business questions, processes, and related data
- Document processes and research, standards, guidelines, and best practices for teams utilizing the solution
- First year graduate or 3rd year undergraduate in Software/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields.
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and IT
High resilience and strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and adapt quickly to deliver the end results
- Passionate about working in education and NGO space and making a difference.
- Certificate of Internship
- Letter of recommendation
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for Internship- Gurugram in the subject line.
Current Resume: The resume should contain
- Contact information for the applicant.
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Languages spoken