Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Initiative
Pratham Digital (PraDigi) has produced over 8000+ videos and 900+ learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org. These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 12 regional languages and English helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of a content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content onto their android devices. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators, and interest groups.
Associate, Digital Innovations (Communications)
The Associate (Communications and Marketing) position in the Pratham Digital Team offers young, interested, and energetic people a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country. This person will support growing the digital footprints of PraDigi across various platforms, ensuring that the various programs and initiatives reach the last mile. If you are interested in social impact and EdTech, then this position is for you.
The expected responsibilities under the role are as follows:
- Manage internal and external communications for PraDigi.
- Keep abreast of EdTech industry updates and digital marketing trends.
- Create UI/UX design for the website using tools such as Figma, and Draftium.
- Track and analyze website performance using Google Analytics and suggest improvements.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the regional teams to manage the updates and information about programs and products on the website.
- Create video storyboards and support video production for internal and external communication purposes.
- Create content for social media campaigns on platforms Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter and track the performance.
- Conduct engaging YouTube live webinars in various regional languages and support the team in facilitating them.
- Optimise content on 12 regional Youtube channels and track the performance using YouTube
- Analysis to prepare a performance and landscape analysis report.
- Explore collaboration opportunities with regional artists/organisation for curating content in regional languages.
- Manage and design monthly newsletters on MailChimp and track the performance.
- Design posters and banners for digital platforms using design tools.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs, or foundations
- Familiarity with preparing design resources (graphics) using designing tools like Canva, Figma, or Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital marketing and content writing
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, PPT, Google Drive
- Ability to communicate in Hindi or at least 1-2 other regional languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work well in teams and on tasks ranging from simple to complex
- Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios
- Self-motivation and proactiveness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience (including internships) or otherwise
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com before 14th July 2022. Please mention ‘Application for Associate, Digital Innovations – Communications’ in the subject line, with the following attachments as mentioned below. We may not be able to respond to all applicants.
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development,
- Communications, Marketing, Management, and Education
- Experiences in the development sector or in the context of education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Write an essay on – Why are you fit for this opportunity? (500 Words)
Early Applicants will be given preference.
Date of Joining: Immediate
Location: New Delhi or Pune, India