ASER Centre is the autonomous research wing of Pratham Education Foundation. It seeks to use simple yet rigorous methods to generate evidence on scale on the outcomes of social sector programs. ASER Centre’s flagship project is the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) survey, which is an annual household survey that reports on children’s schooling and learning levels in rural India since 2005. The findings of the ASER report feed into various policy instruments like the Economic Survey 2021-22 and are used by various state and district governments in their planning.
The current ASER website was designed many years ago and has a lot of content that has been uploaded over the years. We are looking for a website designer who can upgrade this website to a modern look and feel which caters to both, desktop and mobile users, while migrating a selection of the content from the previous website.
The new website should offer the following features:
- Design: It should be visually appealing, readable, responsive, easy to navigate and reinforce the purpose of the website while giving it a modern look and feel.
- Accessibility: It should optimise the website’s SEO making it highly accessible. The website should also be easy to load, and be viewable in different browsers, operating systems and monitor resolutions. It should be easily accessible in different smartphone and tablet devices.
- Technological aspects and interactivity: The ideal website should be capable of using new technologies and the multimedia nature of the Web to allow user interactivity.
- Link migration: The links to old content need to be preserved. ASER reports and data are used by different organisations. We want to leverage the existing SEO rank of the existing content.
- Archiving: With this upgrade, we only want a selection of the existing content to appear on a new website. But we still want to provide alternate access to old content via an Archiving system.
- Maintenance: A CMS at the back-end is highly desirable. We want a website which can be easily updated from the back-end by a person who doesn’t know code.
- Originality: The website design and aesthetics should be creative and original and distinguishable from other websites. It should be distinct, memorable and generally give a good over-all impression.
The preferred platform for the website is PHP, but with a CMS at the back-end.
- Parameters of developing the website (i.e., cost, timelines, infrastructure, etc.)
- After sales service level maintenance (i.e., cost of website periodic maintenance – monthly, quarterly, etc, technical support, etc.)
Qualifications & requirements
- A company or individual profile that showcases previous work experience with designing websites
- Must have certification with PHP and HTML
- Certified Web Professional – Web Developer
- Master Certified Web Professional – Designer (CWP)
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
Duration of Assignment
- The assignment will be for two months, but the Web Designer, as part of the overall assignment, will be required to be flexible to provide on-call/ad-hoc after-sales services for 2 weeks up to 21 days to ensure website stability and functionality.