Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the Role
The role of a Junior Associate with our Communications Team provides great exposure to interact with and learn from various programs at Pratham. We are looking for someone with a creative bent of mind and who is a good listener, writer, and open to feedback. You get a chance to work with a team with diverse skill sets while bringing in your own unique talent to the table. In addition to this, you also get to travel to different locations and interact with community stakeholders to understand the work on the ground to be able to reflect it in the communications content.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree preferably in the field of public relations/ marketing communication/advertising/ or any relevant development sector domain.
- Prior Experience of minimum 1-2 years. Flexible for exceptional candidates. Freshers are encouraged to apply.
The key responsibilities of the Junior Associate will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Writing and copy-editing content spanning, but not limited to, website, social media, internal & external communication material
- Manage all social media platforms of Pratham – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders including internal state team members
- Brainstorm, ideate and collaborate on different communication-specific projects
- Assist in capacity-building training and workshops for different teams
- Provide assistance in technical support for webinars and live streams
- Act as a liaison between different Program teams and Communications teams (central and state) to source content
- Capture content from programs both remotely and in-person, including travel to remote locations
Expected qualifications and traits
- Experience with management of social media platforms and social media analytics
- Excellent English language skills including creative writing, editing and communication
- Prior experience of creating creative content such as video scripts, social media posts etc (preferred)
- Ability to accurately translate content – Pratham works in 20 states. It helps if you’re multilingual.
- Ability to stick to deadlines with quality output
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Willingness to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Self-motivation and proactiveness
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Interest in and willingness to travel across the country to Pratham program sites
Considering the current situation, this position is in a full-time work-from-home mode at present.
Email the following to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for Junior Associate, Communications’ in the subject line. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Current Resume: The resume should contain:
a. Contact Information of the applicant
b. Technical Background:
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Cover letter: Describing why you are fit for this position.