Pratham Education Foundation (‘Pratham’) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “every child in school and learning well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai, Today Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for pre-school and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system.
The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible, but also to enable an adoptable demonstration model for governments and other partners. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
As Pratham continues to grow and have a significant impact on learning outcomes in India, the organization is looking to hire a Content Manager for Communications. This individual will be responsible for working with a team in creating, organizing and managing the communications content generation in line with the overall communications strategy. This individual will help ensure that all content requirements from the communications team are delivered in a timely and seamless manner and reflect unified and consistent messages across all of its key constituencies: donors, partners, media, internal team members and employees, volunteers, government representatives, community leaders, etc.
Specifics include working with the Communications and programs team to carry out the following:
- Creative Leadership – Ideate and plan all creative content and messaging to suit communications channels and products for the organization, ensuring that a variety of audiences and objectives are kept in mind, and the diversity of the organization’s work is reflected through clear and concise messaging.
- Content Creation – Write and create communications content based on the organization’s positioning, defined organizational objectives, the competitive situation, and a deep understanding of key stakeholders (Corporates, Foundations, Individual Donors, Media, Other Non-Profits, Governments, Academics & Researchers), and expectations across brands, messages/channels and vehicles/forums/platforms. Content should link back to the organizational objectives, and include a sharp focus on target audience, message, medium(s), timing and weight. Identifying new ideas and content formats, by exploring trends across platforms. Thus, omitting old ideas that aren’t working and adding new ideas that are.
- Social Media Curation & Planning – Ensure that relevant and engaging content is being put out on Pratham’s social media platforms. Ideate and plan the annual social media calendar in line with the organizational messaging and strategy and in cooperation with relevant teams. Keep track of and ensure accurate reflection on social media and the website of Pratham leadership and members’ speaking engagements and public appearances. Additionally, track social media performance and metrics on an ongoing basis to inform strategy and content.
- Writing – Write video scripts, social media posts, case studies, brochures, press releases, reports and other content pieces as needed, ensuring consistency, quality and messaging across creatives.
- Copyediting/Proofreading – Ensure high-quality content production by copyediting and proofreading all communications material being delivered by the organization on any platform.
- Capacity Building on Content Creation & Curation – Build capacity of communications team at central and regional levels to curate and create content on an ongoing basis. This includes working with regional and state-level program team members across the country, who speak a variety of languages, and come from diverse backgrounds and contexts.
Qualifications and Experience
Key Performance & Success Measures include:
- Quality content creation
- Growth in social media followers and engagement (FB, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Success of campaigns and communications activities across platforms
- Improvement in capacity of overall team in content creation and curation
- Relationships with teams across the organization and quality of content curated
An Ideal Candidate will:
- Have 5-8 years’ experience in content creation, writing, copyediting for non-profit organizations, corporates or media
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Fluent in Hindi speaking and reading – fluency in additional Indian languages is desirable
- Someone with prior experience of writing for non-fiction video scripts will be preferred
- Have the ability and willingness to travel as required. We believe a key component of communicating about Pratham’s work is forming a direct connection with our programs through on-ground visits. An ideal candidate would be willing and able to travel frequently across the country to visit our local programs
- Be frugal, flexible and adaptable
- Possess a sense of urgency and be results oriented
- Be warm, respectful, enthusiastic, proactive and have a strong work ethic
Location – New Delhi, Mumbai or Hyderabad
Reports to – Advisory group for Communications from Pratham leadership team and helps create and manage communications content.
Please send the following to email@example.com by the application deadline with Content Manager – (Your Name) in the subject line.
- Statement of Purpose (500 words) highlighting your background, your interest in the role and why you are a good fit
- Updated CV (no more than 3 pages) capturing all relevant experience in line with the expectations of the role
- References (at least 1 and no more than 3) who can speak to your experience and the overall fit for the role and organization
The application deadline is Aug 30, 2022.