In the last couple of years, Pratham has reached more than 20 million children across 22 states and UTs through wide-ranging education-focused programs. The Measurement, Monitoring and Evaluation Team (MME), established in 2013, has played an integral role in ensuring that Pratham, its partners in the community and the government have analytically and effectively acted upon using data generated from these programs. During unprecedented school closures in the past year, the team swiftly innovated its approach to collect data remotely, thereby continuing to inform program strategy, content, and implementation decisions.
The MME team has built and sustained a culture of data-backed decision-making within Pratham and its partners. The central team works closely with ~60 state MME associates to ensure rigorous and timely implementation of data systems and processes in the field. While constantly strengthening, and streamlining measurement at Pratham, the next major goal for the team is to extend its know-how to other non-profits, social enterprises, government data teams, and CSR functions to bring out maximum value from the data they generate. We are a young, competitive team from diverse professional organizations.
We are currently hiring specifically for Pratham’s Government Partnership program, wherein the measurement
frameworks, data collection systems and processes need to be developed keeping in mind the State government’s needs, existing technology infrastructure, and constraints in terms of depth of data collection and availability of resources for data collection.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for self-driven professionals who can work in a fast-changing environment and can create lasting impact using data and insights. We want individuals who want to: get their hands dirty, break down dynamic real-world problems, ask tough questions and build practical solutions to drive the team and organization forward. At MME, we believe in giving end-to-end ownership of one or more government partnerships, where we expect you to:
- Understand landscape and field realities (existing government systems and processes)
- Conceptualize and drive a measurement & monitoring framework
- Design and roll out data collection systems
- Analyze and visualize data that drives decisions at all levels
- Inform program strategy and drive efficient implementation
- Undergraduate degree or higher in any field (Engineers, Economics, Math, Stats is preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience (preferably in an analytics role, which requires presentation)
- Experience in working with an organization that has partnered with a district/ state government
- Proficient in MS Excel and strong PowerPoint skills (minimum)
- Basic knowledge of Tableau, SQL, R (preferred)
- Strong at presenting and communicating insights from program
Vacancies: 3 | Location: New Delhi | Deadline: 30th September 2023
Email your cover letter, resume, and a short note on “an example of how any large government administration/
department can use school education-related data to plan their work” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Team Heads of the team will revert to individuals with the next steps.