Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNNIBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Pratham’s Programs in the Northeast
The Northeast team is in the process of being set up to help expand Pratham’s programs across the Northeast. So far, the majority of Pratham’s work in the Northeast has focused on implementing programs in Assam. Pratham has been operational in Assam since 2007 and is currently working across 13 districts, reaching out to more than 40,000 children per year. We are now keen to expand operations beyond Assam by collaborating with local organizations and government systems in the rest of the Northeast.
About the Role
As a part of Pratham’s Northeast team, you will work closely with a range of stakeholders: Pratham leadership team in Assam, potential donors, representatives from local organizations and district and state government officials. This role will provide the opportunity to support Pratham’s expansion in the Northeast, where we expect you to:
- Create proposals and concept notes (for donors, local organizations and government) for potential and existing partnerships
- Coordinate and support with donor management (for donors supporting work in the Northeast) and be responsible for creating regular reports on the progress of the project
- Engage in periodic conversations with the donor on program updates and future planning
- Travel extensively across the Northeast to create a network with like-minded organizations and local governments
- Track implementation in close coordination with the program team and provide regular updates to the leadership on progress, insights, opportunities, and areas for course correction.
- Knowledge management and documentation of the implementation of work in states
- Facilitate discussion and brainstorming on potential partnerships
- Understand the external landscape and its alignment with the existing program structures
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, management consulting or working with the government system.
- Preferable a Masters or equivalent degree in Development Studies, International Development or related disciplines. Candidates from a Management or Economics background are also encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly proficient in Google sheets, docs, and slides.
- Ability to take ownership of work streams and manage them end-to-end
- The ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Willingness to commit to at least 2-3 years of work with Pratham
Location & Compensation
The applicant should be willing to move to Guwahati. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, write to email@example.com with ‘Application for Northeast Senior Associate ’ in the subject line, and attach your CV and a Statement of Purpose (in less than 500 words) detailing your suitability for this role. The current resume should include:
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken