Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About this role
This position will hold responsibility for the overall accounting at state/project level. Detailed responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following broad areas:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs general accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Reconciles staff & vendor accounts and manages accounts payables.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Ensures compliance with various statutory dues like TDS, EPF, ESI, etc.
- Preparing MIS reports related to Accounts.
- Effective implementation of accounting policies and processes.
- Conducting regular training for all staff on organizational policies and processes.
- Coordination with central, state and field teams.
- Any other work allocated by the reporting officer.
This position is required to report to the State / Program Head and Lead, Accounts & Audit.
Qualifications and Experience
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Commerce, Business, or related field.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Proficient with MS Office, including word, excel and powerpoint.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English or Hindi and regional language
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environment
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport with people and work well with diverse teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently
- Experience in similar position/role will be an added advantage
Pratham teams work in rural areas therefore willingness to travel with the state and to other Pratham offices for this position is essential.
Please send the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
1. Current Resume: The resume should contain
- Contact information for the applicant
- Academic background
- Universities attended; degrees acquired
- Academic record
- Past work experience if any, highlighting relevant skills
- Languages proficiency