Pratham Education Foundation (‘Pratham’) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “every child in school and learning well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai. Today Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for preschool and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system. The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible but also to enable an adaptable demonstration model for governments and other partners. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
Delhi/ Noida/ Other locations
Monthly CTC – Rs. 21,000 – Rs. 25,000 (negotiable as per experience)
Essential and Desirable criteria
- Qualification: Minimum Graduation (Preferably from Apparel/ fashion industry)
- Experience: Candidates having an experience of min. 2 years , preferably Sales/ Marketing/ Development / Business Development/ Skill development/ Social development profile will be given preference.
- Age Criteria: Candidates must be between the age group of 25-40 years.
- Prior experience in Skill development sector is a plus
- Prior experience in Apparel/ Garment industry is a plus
He/ She takes care of the respective center’s placement and post-placement needs, which entails overall planning, implementing, documenting, reporting and managing on-going trainee batches and building a rapport with placement partners, trainees, alumni and other relevant stakeholders. At all times he/she has to ensure that placement operations are aligned with overall center planning and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Locating or identifying potential placement partners in the region by discovering and exploring placement opportunities locally and regionally. Further building and maintaining regular contact with current and past employers.
- To have close liaison with the respective industry, to understand the upcoming trends and collect feedback about the training quality on an ongoing basis.
- Provide mentorship and counseling to trainees in the region, including pre-placement job induction sessions, ongoing support, assistance with finding accommodation and establishing social networks, resolving issues with employers, and emergency support as needed.
- Coordination and organization of on-campus interviews and collection of related documents from concerned entities like Offer letter, retention letter, etc.
- Track trainees throughout their employment, maintain comprehensive data, report timely, gather ongoing feedback from trainees and recruiters, update Salesforce and other platforms as necessary.
- Capturing stories of successful trainees on an ongoing basis for Donor purposes and social media platforms.
- Follow the organization’s ‘Code of conduct’ and promote ‘Gender Sensitivity’ and ‘Gender Equality’
- Communication (Written + Verbal) & Interpersonal Skills – In local language, along with English, including:
a) The ability to counsel and motivate youth.
b) Good negotiating skills
c) Must follow a flexible problem-solving approach
d) The ability to manage trainee’s high expectations.
e) Excellent networking skills to build a rapport with Placement partners and maintain effective relationships.
f) Ability to present to large audiences
- Comfortable with extensive fieldwork – willingness to travel throughout the region on an ongoing basis. This includes willingness to adjust to travel by different modes of transport, (bus, train, etc.) and to stay irrespective of the staying conditions.
- Must possess excellent management skills which include – People, Finances, Data, Time etc.,
- Basic Computer aptitude – Microsoft Word, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint – for producing reports, and preparing presentations.
- Positive attitude, proactive and optimistic nature.
Interested candidates can send their resume/ CV along with a cover letter on email@example.com.