(Learning with Vodafone)
Pratham is an innovative learning organization created to improve the quality of education in India. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system. Established in 1995 to provide education to children in the slums of Mumbai, Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN- IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Gurushala was launched in September 2019, offering a variety of free high-quality interactive resources, including online courses on innovative pedagogies, curated digital content aligned to the school curriculum and a networking platform for teachers across India. In 2021, Gurushala initiated its engagement with students through online assessments and a range of online classes for students. The program has aimed to positively impact the learning levels of students by training teachers to integrate technology and innovative group learning pedagogies inside the classroom. Gurushala, a mobile application, is an initiative of Indus Towers Ltd. and Vodafone Idea Foundation and is implemented by Pratham Education Foundation and is also available as a website. While continuing to provide resources, Gurushala is also looking to expand to a new target audience while deepening engagement with the existing target audience.
The Master Trainer role requires a highly motivated individual to lead the training program and facilitate effective teacher training through in-person across the country and online sessions. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing training plans, conducting the training sessions and following up with continued engagement to assist teachers with pedagogy and content. This position requires extensive travel, up to 15-20 days per month, to various parts of the country.
- Develop and implement a training plan for teachers that is aligned with the program’s objectives and goals.
- Conduct engaging and effective training sessions for teachers, utilizing various teaching techniques and tools.
- Provide ongoing support to teachers, including follow-up sessions, classroom observation, and feedback.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to develop training materials, tools, and resources.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training program and implement changes as needed.
- Continuously update and improve training materials to ensure they are current and effective.
- Build and maintain relationships with teachers, schools, and other stakeholders.
- Create regular reports on the progress of the training program.
- Keep up-to-date with current trends and best practices in teacher training and education.
- Any other activities as per the requirements of the program.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Master’s degree in Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or a related field is a prerequisite. Higher degree is preferred.
- A degrees in teacher education course like B.Ed. or any other course will also be preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of K-12 science concepts and experience in designing and implementing activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and take initiative in a target-driven work environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to handle backend database for data collection and presentation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and understanding of the teaching profession and challenges faced by teachers.
- Experience in delivering in-person and online training to teachers, educators and students and developing training materials.
- Experience working in the education sector.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Education or related field with at least 2-4 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Fluency in English, Hindi. Candidates with knowledge of other regional languages will be preferred.
Working Details and Remuneration
- Remuneration will be commensurate to the candidate’s experience and will be within the range of INR 30,000-40,000 CTC per month.
- The incumbent will be based in New Delhi and will have to travel regularly across the country.
- Interested candidates should submit their resume via the link given below by 15 June 2023.
- Link: https://forms.gle/3JX2A8qALH7vn4rG6
- Please sign in with your Gmail account to access the link.
- For any queries or clarifications required, you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 11 49059416, 49059417
- Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates.