Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown in both scope and size to become one of the largest non-profit organizations working with children and youth across India.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Innovations
Pratham started its digital intervention with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org, and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos in and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 11 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, the digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational programs and in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Playstore as the PraDigi app and Read and Speak English App along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
The digital hardware and software are currently available in various Pratham programs across 21 states with content in 11 languages including Punjabi, Assamese, Bengali, Odiya, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
Overview of Position
The Associate position in the Digital Innovations team offers young, motivated, energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country. This person is the crucial link between the program implementation team, central teams and donors. Their responsibilities stretch two ways – ensuring/ tracking program implementation as well as maintaining good relationships with the donor through regular reports, updates, etc.
The Associate is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and projects. The Associate will work with a variety of stakeholders, including internal staff, external partners, and donors. The Associate will be responsible for writing program and budget proposals, coordinating with external partners, managing program timelines, creating and managing documents, managing and sharing program updates, identifying and applying for grants, funds, and awards, and organizing and participating in symposia, discussions, and exchanges.
- Write program and budget proposals.
- Coordinate and communicate with external partners/donors and manage donor/partner relationships.
- Create and manage MoUs, and agreements.
- Manage program timelines and oversee projects in relation to proposals and compliance.
- Monitor budget utilization, identify gaps, generate budget reports sharing them on a monthly basis
- Manage and share program updates in the form of documents, reports, and decks with the donor/partners.
- Identify and apply for grants, funds, and awards.
- Write blogs, articles, and research papers.
- Organize and participate in symposia, discussions, and exchanges.
- Organize learning exchange sessions.
- Create and share updates on programs, pilots, and projects with i) senior leadership and ii) project team
- Work closely with and support different teams in monitoring the progress of programs
- Share monthly updates of programs in the form of decks, reports, notes, etc. for documentation purposes
- Field visits and interactions with different stakeholders
- Organize learnings exchange sessions
- 1 to 2 years of experience in program management
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in grant writing
- Experience in managing donor relationships
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience in using social media
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to make a difference in the world
While remote work is ongoing, we are location agnostic. However, once offices reopen the candidate will need to be based out of either New Delhi, Pune or Mumbai.
Send the following before 4th August 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate- Digital Innovations’ in the subject line, with the following attachments.
1. Current Resume: The resume should contain:
a. Contact Information for Applicant
b. Academic Background
Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
2. Statement of Purpose (500 words)
Early applicants will be given preference.
Date of Joining: Immediate