Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in the slums of Mumbai. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of India’s largest NGOs working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham’s Digital Innovation Unit
Pratham Digital has produced over 10000 videos and 500 learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org
These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, stories, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 14 regional languages helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where youth and children will get exposure to improve their creativity, collaboration, curiocity and critical thinking. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators and interest groups.
Content Developer (Science), Pratham Digital: Job Description
The Content Developer position in the Digital Content team offers young, motivated and energetic individuals an opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s Digital work across the country. This person will play an important role in developing and curating content and designing and organizing various online/offline exposure workshops/visits for children. Her/his main responsibilities are as follows:
1. Creation: (In Hindi)
Create various digital resources like video, reading material, posters, WA messages, etc as per requirement. The resources should be crisp and easy to understand for Indian rural Children.
Set up a feedback mechanism to review the resources and incorporate feedback from the concerned team, and ensure timely delivery.
Appropriate documentation of the resources.
2. Exploration and Curation:
The individual is expected to explore and understand the existing content which Pratham’s digital team has, and curate materials accordingly as per the requirements.
3. Develop Assessments and Generate Question Banks
The individual is expected to prepare assessments, generate and review questions banks and upload on the required platforms (In Hindi).
The person is expected to design online and offline training sessions.
- Completed under-graduation or post-graduation degree (preference to people from science stream)
1-3 years of experience in similar role in private sector, NGOs or foundations.
- Efficiency in either Hindi or Marathi language. Basic proficiency in professional English is required.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Good communication skills
- Work Location – Pune, Mumbai (MH, India)
- Ability to work well in teams
- Self-motivation and proactiveness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft PPT, Word, Excel, Canva, Zoom, AI tools, etc.
Application Process: Send the applications to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Content Developer (Science) – Pratham Digital’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Resume:
- Résume should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Experiences in content development, and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (300 Words)
Salary: 25-35K (Negotiable as per the skills and experience).