Pratham Education Foundation (‘Pratham’) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “every child in school and learning well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai, Today Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for pre-school and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system.
The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible, but also to enable an adoptable demonstration model for governments and other partners. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
As Pratham continues to grow and have a significant impact on learning outcomes in India, the organization is looking to hire a Senior Associate – Social Media for the Communications team. This individual will be responsible for working with a team in creating, organizing and managing content for social media in line with the overall communications strategy. This individual will help ensure that all social media content requirements from the communications team are delivered in a timely and seamless manner and reflect unified and consistent messages across all of its key constituencies: donors, partners, media, internal team members and employees, volunteers, government representatives, community leaders, etc.
Content Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute weekly and monthly social media calendars aligned with the content team.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communication teams to integrate social media campaigns with overall promotional efforts.
- Create original and visually appealing content (graphics, images, videos, infographics, etc.) that resonates with our audience and conveys the organization’s message effectively.
- Produce engaging written content, including posts, captions, and stories, to drive interaction and brand loyalty.
- Ensure all content adheres to the organization’s
- brand guidelines, tone of voice, and values.
Coordinate and collaborate with other program teams to get content
- Monitor social media channels and respond promptly to comments, messages, and inquiries, fostering positive interactions and building a sense of community.
- Engage with followers, partners, and influencers to strengthen relationships and encourage active participation.
- Analyze social media metrics and insights regularly to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and content, using data to inform future strategies.
- Provide reports and recommendations to optimize content performance and social media presence.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, algorithms, tools and best practices, incorporating them into the content strategy to maximize reach and engagement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Social Studies, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
3-5 years of work experience as a Social Media
- Specialist or similar role, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to create engaging content that drives conversation and action.
- Proficiency in social media management tools and analytics platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of various social media platforms, their unique audiences, and best practices for each.
- Creative mindset and experience in visual content creation using tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, mailchimp, Photoshop or similar software.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- A genuine passion for the non-profit sector and a commitment to making a positive impact on the community and the world.
- Knowledge of SEO, digital marketing, and online fundraising is a plus.
- Have the ability and willingness to travel as required.
- We believe a key component of communicating about Pratham’s work is forming a direct connection with our programs through on-ground visits. An ideal candidate would be willing and able to travel frequently across the country to visit our local programs.
Location – New Delhi, Work from Office
Reports to – Content Lead – Communications
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Associate – Social Media – (Your Name) in the subject line.
● Statement of Purpose (500 words) highlighting your background, your interest in the role and why you are a good fit. *Please avoid using AI tools to write. We will be able to detect it.
● Updated CV (no more than 3 pages) capturing all relevant experience in line with the expectations of the role
● References (at least 1 and no more than 3) who can speak to your experience and the overall fit for the role and organization