Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 while highlighting India’s commitment to achieving SDG Goal 4 of the 2030 Agenda seeks to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education for all”. It has accorded highest priority to achieving Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) by all students by Grade 3. The Policy especially recognizes the importance of creating enabling mechanisms for Children with disabilities who were about 5 million in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of these children do not attend educational institutions, and 45% even struggle to attain foundational literacy. Hence many do not reach secondary education and beyond. ENABLE (Equity in Accessing Numeracy and Basic Literacy Education), is a multi-pronged intervention designed to strengthen the FLN for 3-9 year old children with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
1. Strengthen Government's mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
2. Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
3. Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
Special Educator assesses the learner, and plans and tailors teaching plans according to the learners` abilities by adapting materials, monitor progress, and manage behavioural issues. They will promote inclusivity through peer engagement, and collaborate with professionals, parents and project teams to develop and validate inclusive education packages.
++++ means day to day high frequency tasks which may usually be process oriented
+++ means weekly tasks/milestones that may require a bit of cognitive load
++ means the task have to be accomplished once a month
+ means the task needs attention once per quarter that may require creativity, cognition etc.
Leadership and Guidance
● Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the project team on education, health, disability, and early childhood systems and strengthening. (+++)
● Provide expertise on local, state, and central government acts, laws, and policies related to inclusive education, and ensure compliance. (+++)
● Guide and mentor project teams and program activities to culminate into systems strengthening efforts. (+++)
● Facilitate collaboration among various stakeholders, including government bodies, NGOs, community organizations, and disability advocacy groups, to coordinate efforts towards improving education systems for children with disabilities.
● Establish partnerships with relevant organizations and institutions to leverage resources, expertise, and collective efforts in strengthening education systems.
Knowledge Development and Implementation
● Conduct thorough assessments of the existing education systems, policies, and practices to identify gaps, challenges, and opportunities for strengthening the inclusion of children with disabilities. (++++)
● Serve as an advocate for policy changes and reforms that promote equal access, participation, and quality education for all children, with a particular focus on those with disabilities. (++++)
● Develop advocacy / communication packages on strengthening existing systems on education, health, and early childhood development to ensure inclusion of children with disabilities and other children belonging to socio-economically disadvantaged groups. (++++)
● Support the integration of gender, WaSH, assistive technology, etc, into project activities. (+++)
● Promote innovation within project activities. (+++)
Training and Capacity Building
● Organize capacity-building workshops and training sessions for educators, administrators, and other stakeholders to enhance their understanding of inclusive education principles and strategies.
● Collaborate with diverse stakeholders (teachers, administrators, government officials, and others) to understand and address the specific needs of children with disabilities. (++)
● Provide ongoing training and support to school staff in implementing inclusive practices. (++)
The ability to collaborate with diverse government and non-government stakeholders
The ability to guide and mentor professionals and practitioners.
Capacity to conduct research to advocate for inclusive education
Proficiency in project management to ensure the successful execution of the program.
Basic Data Analysis and visualisation
Proficient in academic writing (policy briefs, white papers)
In-depth knowledge of education, health, and early childhood systems and other cross cutting sectors in India
An understanding of educational theories and philosophies is crucial.
Expertise in research methodologies.
Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
Basic statistical concepts and proficient knowledge on using a data analytical software
Aware of various writing styles, white papers, research notes and public policy analysis framework
Required Qualifications :
● Preferably Master's in relevant fields (Education, Policy, Social Sciences) with a minimum 8+ years experience in a relevant profile.
● Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
● Willingness to travel.
Working Location: New Delhi
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.