Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
The Program Associate role offers motivated and energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s work in Assam. This person will have a range of responsibilities including documentation and research support, monitoring and implementation of Early childhood (Age 3 to 5) programs and learning centres ( std 2 to 5) program at the ground level in select villages of Kokrajhar and Chirang districts. This will include working closely with the various stakeholders such as the community, teachers and children from the various communities of BTR region, assisting with training and translation, data collection and research.
• Documentation and Research: The Program Associate will be expected to write reports based on field visits to the Early Childhood Centres and Learning Centres in the program areas.
Some experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods will be a plus.
• Assessment and Measurement : Assist in Assessment activities at the field level and data collection for various educational activities. The Associate will also help with data entry and other program related MME activities.
• Training: The Program Associate will assist in training programs for teachers and the community.
• Program work: Responsibilities will include implementation and monitoring of program activities in the rural areas of Kokrajhar and Chirang districts.
• Supporting the Pratham Team: The Program Associate will work closely with the Program Team to implement the program in an effective and efficient manner. He/ She will also be responsible to attend and actively participate in all trainings organized by Pratham.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in coordinating effectively with multiple stakeholders,
• Bachelors or M.A degree,
• Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in one or more local language such as Assamese, Bodo, Santhali or Rabha. Please mention spoken and written language proficiencies in the CV,
• Willingness to learn and work with new teams,
• Result-oriented and ability to take initiative,
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to manage time well and can keep track of deadlines effectively,
• Good understanding of data systems and basic proficiency with MS Excel,
• Ability and interest in working with people from different communities.
The selected candidate could be based in Bongaigaon town, Chirang, or Kokrajhar.
If interested in this opportunity, please email us your CV at email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Program Associate, Assam’ in the subject line by 15 December 2023.