Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown in both scope and size to become one of the largest non-profit organizations working with children and youth across India.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
Pratham Digital (PraDigi) focuses on building products and solutions at scale for low-resource communities. It places a strong emphasis on monitoring and evaluation, ensuring that the impact of its programs can be measured and optimized. At PraDigi we continually improve our programs and ensure that they are effective in meeting the learning needs of the community.
Additionally, Pratham Digital is creating AI supported tools to help learners, educators, and parents. These tools are based on the needs identified by Pratham practitioners and researchers. The primary goal is to bring Pratham’s expertise and research-based methods into the hands of learners, educators, and parents.
The research & analytics unit runs on a blend of rigorous primary and secondary research methods to assist the ideation, design & implementation of innovative solutions at scale that can effectively adapt and cater to diverse geographies, meeting the growing demand for alternative learning approaches while ensuring equitable access to education.
- Responsible for developing survey tools, evaluation metrics, standardized queries on SQL/R/Python and personalized dashboards on Power BI.
- Develop frameworks for data mining and aggregation of longitudinal data.
- Documentation of programs in the form of internal & donor reports, research papers, concept notes, and measurement frameworks for use by internal stakeholders, practitioners etc.
- Support on execution of large-scale AB tests, RCTs and experiments to determine product efficacy and inform programmatic decision making.
- Developing framework for overall project M&E. This would include designing process and output indicators, setting up the process of data collection.
Desired qualifications & experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge and the ability to apply academic training to practical contexts.
- Experienced candidates will be given preference. They are expected to demonstrate strong analytical skills with knowledge of relational databases and tools like SQL/MySQL/R/Python.
- Proactive and seamless communication across teams, leadership and partners from academia
- Prior experience in writing reports, creating presentations, and publishing research papers is a
To streamline the application process, we encourage all candidates to utilize the form linked HERE. However, if you encounter any difficulties or have specific concerns, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application for Senior Research Associate’.
Early applications will be given preference.