Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Digital Initiative
Pratham Digital (PraDigi) has produced over 8000+ videos and 900+ learning games in the last few years. These resources can be viewed on www.prathamopenschool.org. These resources have been deployed and monitored in many rural and urban communities. With each passing year, this repository of content – videos, games, and applications has grown to cater to the interests and engagement of children.
Translating videos into 12 regional languages and English helped us become relevant and accessible to learners in all states. Moving forward we are planning to create a mass dissemination mechanism where with the help of a content repository, parents and learners can take necessary content onto their android devices. In this effort to make engaging content reach learners across India, Pratham has been actively collaborating with youth-driven start-ups, content creators, and interest groups.
Associate, Production (Digital Content)
The Associate, Production (Digital Content) position in the Pratham Digital Team offers young, interested, and energetic people a unique opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s digital work across the country.
The associate will support in,
- End-to-end production management for digital resources. Working in tandem with different teams (Content, Tech, Media, Graphics, and Translation) to identify emerging requirements and plan production strategies.
- Tracking production of digital resources by regularly updating the Content Dashboard and helping create reports for internal and external communication.
- Analysing usage (offline and online) for POS Apps, POS website, and YouTube channels, and giving feedback on creation, collaboration and production strategies.
- Repository management – Support in managing Pratham Open School repository of 8000+ videos and streamlining 14 YouTube regional channels and products on PraDigi platforms for offline and online usage.
- Ensure optimisation of POS platforms i.e., create video metadata (titles, tags, thumbnails) and perform SEO to ensure increased visibility. Work with the translation team to get metadata translated to other languages.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs, or foundations
- Ability to communicate in English and Hindi or at least 1 other regional language.
- Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios, self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong work ethic, manage multiple tasks, and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel regularly to rural and remote areas of India, with limited amenities.
Please send the following to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ‘Application for Associate, Production – Digital Content’ in the subject line, with the following attachments as mentioned below. We may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Preferred: Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience (including internships) or otherwise.
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain:
a. Contact Information for Applicant
b. Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching, and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (500 words)
Write an essay on – Why are you fit for this opportunity? (500 Words)
Early applicants will be given preference.
Date of Joining: Immediate
Location: Pune, Mumbai, or New Delhi.