Professor. Social worker. Educationist. Economist. Activist. These are Pratham's leaders: visionaries dedicated to improving opportunities for children and youth in India. Here are some of the pillars of Pratham.
- Dr. Madhav Chavan Madhav Chavan moved from the field of Chemistry to the field of literacy a few years after his return to India having acquired a Ph. D. in the United States and some post-doctoral experience there. He worked in the field of adult literacy from 1989 to 1994 inspired by the National Literacy Mission launched by… read more
- Dr. Rukmini Banerji Rukmini Banerji is the Chief Executive Officer of Pratham Education Foundation. She has extensive experience in program design and delivery and has played key roles in developing and implementing Pratham’s partnership programs with governments. Over the years, Rukmini has led assessment activities of Pratham including setting up an internal measurement, monitoring and evaluation unit. For… read more
- Dr. Wilima Wadhwa Dr. Wilima Wadhwa has been Director of ASER Centre and, sinceJuly 2015, has taken over as Head of the Centre. She has been associated with the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) since its inception in 2005. She is the architect of the ASER survey and other primary research studies currently undertaken by ASER Centre.… read more
- Farida Lambay Co-Founder, Pratham Education Foundation Director, Pratham Council for Vulnerable Children Farida Lambay has 25 years of experience as an education and social activist. She co-founded Pratham in 1994 with Dr. Madhav Chavan and is responsible for the direct programs in Mumbai and Gujarat, as well as the Pratham Council for Vulnerable Children across India. In… read more
- USHA RANE Usha Rane is the Director of Content & Training at Pratham. She has been with Pratham since 1996 and is one of the leaders of the teaching-learning innovations at the organisation. Prior to joining Pratham, Usha worked for many years with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL). Until recently, as Regional Head, Usha was responsible for Pratham's work across six states (Andhra… read more