Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham Skilling
Pratham Skilling, the vocational skilling vertical of Pratham Education Foundation was started in 2005 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship. Our 85+ training centers are spread across 16 states in India. We have reached over 1,00,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Electrician, Automotive, Beauty and Bedside Assistance. We also run Entrepreneurship programs in Beauty and Construction to cater to people who have an entrepreneurial mind set and have supported 5000+ entrepreneurs to set up their own micro-enterprises.
We attempt to leverage these strengths to innovate and develop financially sustainable, cutting-edge solutions to the problems of providing large-scale information dissemination about jobs, access to training to reach employability, certification of skills, and provision of subsequent employment or self-employment opportunities. Pratham is also known as a launch-pad for young talent – our alumni have started significant organizations like Akshara Foundation, PRS and Kaivalya, and are regularly selected for elite education programs, including at Ivy League institutions like Harvard and Wharton.
Pratham currently offers short-term vocational courses in the following trades – Automotive, Healthcare, Electrical, Hospitality, Beauty, Tailoring, Construction and allied areas. We are seeking young professionals from these industries who can help us grow our expertise in these trades. Some of the functions expected from consultant would be as follows:
- Engage with organisation leadership to support program design and strategy planning.
- Engage with academic teams for content development, training, and research. Samples of the type of content developed by Pratham can be found here.
- Coordinate with operations teams to ensure program outcomes are met regularly and projects are fiscally efficient.
- Help develop partnerships with corporates, foundations, and HNIs who are closely associated with the relevant industry.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates with 2+ years work experience in any of the following trades are welcome to apply:
- Fashion & Apparel
- Engineering (Automotive, Electrical or Civil)
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Beauty & Wellness
- Excellent communication skills required, with proficiency in written and verbal skills.
- Fluency in Hindi and English. Ability to communicate in multiple Indian languages is a plus.
- Familiarity with technology and an interest in technology-based innovation would be an added asset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-motivation and keen interest in the development sector is expected.
Vacancies available in Mumbai, Bhopal, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Chennai
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
The following documents need to be compiled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next stage.
- Statement of Purpose (1000 words) – Highlight your industry experiences, expectations from Pratham and motivation to be a part of the development sector.
- CV / Resume with details about your academic background, work experience and other requirements listed above
- Two references to former employers or academics (if any)
- Links to published articles (if any)