Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Learning Excellence Program, Gurugram
Part of Pratham’s flagship Read India program, the Learning Excellence Program supports children in primary schools in villages of Gurugram district with a special focus on children who are lagging behind their class appropriate learning levels. In this program:
• Local educated young women are trained in activity-based learning methods where reading, comprehension, conversation, vocabulary building and basic math are the focal points of learning in direct classroom teaching in schools.
• The local women teachers engage in direct classroom teaching and improving the basic literacy and numeracy skills among children in the age group of 6-14 years.
• Library groups are set up in schools, where reading material is provided to foster a habit of reading and enhance listening and comprehension skills among children.
The program has benefited more than 1,00,000 children since its inception besides helping more than 1,000 local educated young women to develop into agents of social change.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to join our Team at our Gurugram office (Near MG Road Metro Station). As a Project Coordinator, you would be responsible for supporting the team in the execution of the Learning Excellence Program.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Designing course structures, methodology and deliverables.
• Preparing and updating content for course manuals-English, Hindi and Math.
• Conducting quarterly training of teachers for the content to be delivered in the schools. Traveling to the field locations [schools) to monitor and review the execution of the program.
• Liaising with the Program Head.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Masters in Social Work, Development studies, education or any equivalent field.
• Subject knowledge of English, Hindi and Math.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Willingness to travel, including rural field visits
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Ability to work well in teams.
Candidates from Delhi-NCR are preferred. Freshers and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send the following to Shivangi Sharma at email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for the position of Project Coordinator – Gurugram’ in the subject line:
Current Resume: Resume should contain
• Contact Information for Applicant,
• Academic Background Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired,
• Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable),
• Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills,
• Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, Education etc.
• Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable),
• Languages Spoken.
Statement of Purpose (500 Words)