Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service.
About Pratham Skilling
Pratham Skilling, the vocational skilling vertical of Pratham Education Foundation was started in 2005 with a mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability or entrepreneurship. Our 140+ training centers are spread across 17 states in India. We have reached over 2,00,000 students till date in various skills through our Industry specific courses in Hospitality, Construction, Electrical, Automotive, Beauty and Healthcare. We also run Entrepreneurship Development and Recognition of Prior Learning programs to support the upward mobility and reskilling of informal workers and/or micro entrepreneurs.
We attempt to leverage these strengths to innovate and develop financially sustainable, cutting-edge solutions to the problems of providing large-scale information dissemination about jobs, access to training to reach employability, certification of skills, and provision of subsequent employment or self-employment opportunities. For more details, refer to www.prathamskilling.org
Roles & Responsibilities
The Program Development Team supports Pratham’s work in workforce development, livelihood support and skill training. The goal of the team is to enhance the impact of programs through innovation. The associate would work with the larger team and play a key role in strategy development and overall program management. Following are some of the general tasks entrusted to the team:
• Engage with organisation leadership to improve program design and strategy planning.
• Coordinate with operations teams to ensure program outcomes are met regularly and projects are fiscally efficient.
• Travel regularly to different locations to monitor program implementation
• Support capacity development and training of field personnel when required
• Support R&D projects with tasks like secondary research, product design etcs
Based on area of interest, applicants will also be able to specialise in one of the following core functions:
• Content Development & Operations – Engage with program teams to support content development, training, and general program implementation
• Fundraising & Donor Management – Support partnerships with corporates, foundations, and HNIs. Will include budget planning, drafting proposals, project report submissions etc.
• Measurement, Monitoring & Evaluation – Support impact assessment for all ongoing programs. Will include data collection, building dashboards, data review etc
• Communication & Public Relations – Raise awareness about program impact with external audience through social media and other outreach campaigns.
Associates will have the option of selecting personal projects which they are passionate about, based on quality of performance during the first year of employment.
• Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Economics, Psychology, Education, Development Studies, Social Work, Public Relations or any related fields would be preferred.
• 1-3 years of work experience in the social sector is required. Preference for those who may have engaged in donor management/ social impact/ program management-based roles in the past.
• Excellent communication skills required. Fluency in Hindi and English is expected. Ability to communicate in multiple Indian languages is a plus.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel is mandatory. Familiarity with Power BI, SQL, Stata, R etc would be a plus.
• An interest in fieldwork and willingness to travel regularly to rural locations.
Location: Vacancies available at the head office in Mumbai. Field-based positions available in Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, and Kolkata.
Remuneration: Will vary from INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 per month based on previous experience and educational qualifications.
Application Process: Due to the volume of applications received, only applications with all following attachments are eligible for consideration. The following documents need to be compiled and submitted on this link: https://forms.gle/A6f53n6K3sP7i2o36. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next round.
1. Statement of Purpose (500 words) – Highlight why you wish to join this position and your expectations from Pratham. Please indicate the specialisation you wish to follow from the options mentioned above.
2. Writing Sample (500 words) – Write about a topic related to livelihoods, skill development, vocational training, entrepreneurship and/or migration which matches your interest. Include references to recently published reports and articles. The writing sample should demonstrate understanding of the sector and analytical writing skills. Links to previously published articles may be accepted as a proxy.
3. CV/ Resume – Highlight details about your academic background, work experience and other details which indicate your suitability for the role. Include contact details and/or letters of recommendation from previous employers/professors