Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che
Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer
About the role
In the last two decades, Pratham has grown to be a leading and reputed non-profit, not just in India but globally, and significantly expanded its scale and scope of operations. We need to continue to infuse fresh leadership talent to sustain and drive our growth in the coming years, and also adapt our systems and operations to an ever-evolving policy and technological landscape. The role would require the individual(s) to understand our current and desired structures, identify hiring needs, develop and disseminate job descriptions, scout for and attract
talent and strengthen our hiring and onboarding systems.
The position will be based in New Delhi and report to the Head-Human Resources. The position will work closely with various central teams (Organizational Effectiveness, Finance and Accounts; Program Management; Measurement, Monitoring and Evaluation; Programmatic core teams for Direct Programs, Government Partnerships, Girls and Women Programs, Early Years, Skilling and Digital) as well as state and program teams to identify and fill hiring needs .
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to,
● Work closely with organizational leadership to understand and document current and desired organizational structures, and identify hiring needs for central and state leadership positions,
● Prepare job descriptions with inputs from relevant teams and disseminate through appropriate channels,
● Strengthen design of selection processes for key positions, and work closely with relevant teams to support execution of the process. The exact nature of the support for execution of the selection process can be discussed and finalized in consultation with relevant teams and the HR leadership,
● Strengthen the design and execution of onboarding processes for leadership recruits,
● Regularly analyze key barriers in our abilities to attract and retain talent, and work closely with HR and Organizational Effectiveness leadership to address these barriers. In the long term, help strengthen Pratham’s positioning as an attractive non-profit to work for,
● Identify and develop relationships with avenues and agencies (such as head hunters, recruitment portals, alumni and partner networks, interns colleges and universities) who can help us recruit talent,
● Lead and develop a talent acquisition team, as needed,
● Perform additional tasks, as required, by the management.
Educational and Experience
● Bachelors or postgraduate degree in management
● At least 6 years of work experience in recruitment and talent acquisition roles.
Key competencies and traits
● Demonstration of core beliefs and values of Pratham – a learning and listening mindset, evidence and analytical decision-making, respect for teams and colleagues, and agility and efficiency in planning and execution.
● Proven abilities to carve out a talent acquisition strategy based on a thorough understanding of the organizational structure, culture and brand,
● Analytical thinker with attention to deal; being resourceful and possessing strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
● Strong communication (oral and written) skills. Proficiency in English is mandatory.
● Ability to manage tight deadlines and keep composure under stressful work conditions, while being comfortable and patient with a lack of structure.
● Willingness to travel, including to remote locations.
The position is based in New Delhi and will report to the Head-HR. The position requires working from the Pratham-Safdarjung Enclave office, and travel, as needed, for the first six months. Thereafter, the working arrangement can be decided in consultation with the reporting manager.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter, outlining your motivations and suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Manager, Talent Acquisition and Onboarding” in the subject.
A minimum of two recommendation letters will be needed as we proceed through the selection process.