Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the Girls and Women Programs
Pratham’s research and experience shows that barriers, such as lack of confidence in their own abilities, poor or non-existent foundational and applied skills, coupled with a general lack of information about employment and livelihood pathways, about life events and opportunities, influence girls’ and women’s willingness and abilities to seek and access education and employment opportunities. This situation is rooted in and perpetuated by a set of social norms and expectations that frame what is thought of as appropriate behaviors and roles for girls and women.
We aim to integrate a gender lens into our content, operations, measurement systems and overall operations to ensure our mainstream programs and offerings are cognizant of and effectively respond to the needs and contexts of girls and women. Moving forward, Pratham will focus on bringing together content and activities for “learning for school”, “learning for life” and “learning for work” in order to build effective pathways for girls and women to transition successfully into the next stage of life. Simultaneously, we will expand Pratham’s existing programs for girls and women into Pratham’s mainstream program areas as well as new geographies.
The position will be based in New Delhi.
The selected applicant will report to the Content and Training Lead, Girls and Women Programs.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to,
- Review Pratham’s content from a gender lens and build capacities of central and field teams through trainings on gender and content
- Work across multiple teams to collate, review and strengthen content and curriculum as well as pedagogical approach through a gender lens
- Design framework/guidelines to analyze, review and create content across different programs
- Design training modules for different teams after conducting needs assessment to gauge initial understanding of gender and related concepts
- Build capacities of teams across central and field locations through trainings
- Support relevant data collection and analysis to course correct and improve the design and execution of capacity building plans
- Document the processes and outcomes for the project
- Engage in necessary discussions to influence mindsets and approaches and support building of capacities towards this goal
- Perform additional tasks, as required, by the management
- (Minimum) Graduate
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in areas of girls’ and women’s education
- Past experience and proven skills in training and capacity building of adult learners in a professional context, is preferable
- Past experience in reviewing and analysing educational content
- Proven experience in gender-sensitive program development, capacity building, and training
- Understanding of gender equality, women’s empowerment, and related best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and build relationships
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passionate about promoting gender equality and social change through education
Key competencies and traits
- Deep understanding of the cultural norms and systemic barriers that affect girls’ and women’s access to education, employment and advancement opportunities as well as their sense of agency, and yet a deep resolve to challenge and change the status quo
- Understanding of and some experience in designing and conducting gender-focused capacity building workshops and courses in different formats and for diverse audiences
- Demonstration of core beliefs and values of Pratham – a learning and listening mindset, evidence-based and analytical decision-making, respect for teams and colleagues, and agility and efficiency in planning and execution
- Analytical thinker with attention to deal; being resourceful and possessing strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills. Proficiency in English and Hindi (writing, reading, listening and speaking) is mandatory. Fluency in another Indian language is preferable
- Abilities to effectively engage with a variety of stakeholders from diverse contexts
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and keep composure under stressful work conditions, while being comfortable and patient with a lack of structure
- Ability to regularly travel, including to remote locations, with basic amenities
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Application for Content and Training Associate, Girls and Women Programs” in the subject. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. However, early applicants will be given preference.
1. Current resume, containing the following information:
- Contact information of the applicant
- Academic background (universities attended, degrees acquired, academic records)
- Past work experience highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant coursework
- Languages spoken
2. Cover letter (500 words), outlining your motivations and suitability for the role.
3. Based on the resume and cover letter, suitable candidates will be shortlisted for a brief interview and will be required to submit an assignment. Further shortlisted candidates will be invited for a final round of interview.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be in contact with the shortlisted candidates.