Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About this role:
This position will hold responsibility for the overall program at state/project level. Detailed responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following broad areas:
● Managing a team of 8-10 Program Officers (POs), which in turn supports 80-100 or more entrepreneurs in starting or growing their businesses by creating income pathways for women entrepreneurs in different cities in different businesses.
● Develop pathways for different businesses to increase their income.
● Develop new program models and packages to support more women to either start to grow their business
● Data accuracy and verification across platforms (Google sheet, Excel, technology platform): Ensure data of the reporting POs is filled 100% and accurate for every entrepreneur. Data includes demographic details, training details, other support details like KYCs, branding and most importantly, cashflow records of all the supported entrepreneurs and any other data required for reporting purposes. Micro-verifying of Pratham MIS, Google Sheets, and other data for the project. Laptop will be provided.
● Arranging orientation and business plan sessions with new & existing entrepreneurs,
● Support and guidance to program officers to prepare Entrepreneurs' Licenses for related business.
● Organize regular meetings and assess work progress, discuss challenges and constraints and provide guidance and support to the team.
● Following up with Program officers for Entrepreneurs for logbooks, records, etc.
● Evaluate the entrepreneur’s performance in delivering the required outputs as planned.
● Ensure timely implementation of assigned work plans.
● Regular reporting to the Program Head.
● Physical verification of the beneficiaries at regular intervals.
● Consciously he/she should model himself/herself, as well as promote a workplace culture that is consistent with the official ‘Code of Conduct’ and emphasizes the mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
● At all times he/she shall be conscious-of and promote ‘Gender Sensitivity’ and ‘Gender Equality’ in all means of communication ( like verbal, non-verbal, written, etc.) and actions, in official premises, on field or while interacting with trainees, staff, community stakeholders, Govt. organizations, other organizations or entities.
● Ensuring that Center operations are aligned with the following :-
a) HR Compliances like adherence to Antisexual Harassment policy, Funds, Insurance policy enforcement, Code of Conduct etc.
b) Adherence to Legal Compliances like Rent agreement, Food vendor agreement, Offer letters, etc.
This position is required to report to the Program Head.
Qualifications and Experience
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
● Minimum Qualification: Minimum Graduation
● Experience Criteria: Candidates with 3-5 years of experience in the Livelihood sector and handling a team, shall be given preference.
● Traveling: The role will require traveling to multiple locations across India for training and program implementation. All outstation and training visits will be reimbursed. This excludes daily travel from home to office.
● Excellent technical knowledge and skill
● Experience/ interest in training and teaching.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, ppt and Excel is mandatory
● Target oriented work
● Ability and willingness to work in teams
● Good in organizational skills and planning
● Solution-oriented and problem solver
● Work from the office only. No work from home
● Physically fit
● Fluency in the Regional Language, Hindi & English.
● Gender preference: Female candidates
● Commitment to this role for at least 2-3 years
● Willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
● Ability to listen patiently and be non-judgmental.
● Building trust-based relationships with the staff.
● Ability to build rapport with people and work well with diverse teams.
● Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
● Good training skills.
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
● Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
● Experience in a similar position/role will be an added advantage.
Pratham teams work in rural areas therefore willingness to travel with the state and to other Pratham offices for this position is essential.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Remuneration CTC: INR 25,000/- (May vary based on prior experience)
Please send the CV to Siddhant Kulshreshtha (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rani Sharma (email@example.com). We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Resume should contain:
● Contact information for applicant
● Academic background
o Universities attended & degrees acquired
o Other academic record
● Past work experience if any, highlighting relevant skills
● Languages proficiency