Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
Technical Project Manager/Business Analyst (Technical PM/BA) is a hybrid role that combines the responsibilities of a project manager and a business analyst with a strong technical background and business/education operations acumen. The Technical PM/BA will play a critical role in bridging the gap between our operations needs and technical solutions, ensuring that projects are delivered successfully, on time and with highest quality standards while meeting both program, functions, and technical requirements.
Here are the key responsibilities and skills for the role:
– Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
– Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets.
– Coordinate and lead project teams, ensuring tasks are completed on time and within budget.
– Monitor project progress, identify issues, and implement corrective actions.
– Communicate project status and updates to stakeholders.
– Gather and document business requirements from stakeholders.
– Analyze and assess business processes to identify improvement opportunities.
– Translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
– Create functional specifications and use cases.
– Collaborate with developers and technical teams to ensure requirements are met.
– Possess a strong understanding of relevant technologies and tools.
– Evaluate technical feasibility and constraints of proposed solutions.
– Assist in technical architecture and system design.
– Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions.
– Ensure that technical solutions align with business goals.
– Engage with stakeholders, including business users, technical teams, and executives.
– Facilitate meetings and workshops to gather requirements and make decisions.
– Manage stakeholder expectations and address concerns.
– Define and execute test plans, including functional and user acceptance testing.
– Ensure that deliverables meet quality standards and are free from defects.
– Conduct post-implementation reviews to assess project success.
Key competencies and traits
• Deep understanding of project management fundamentals, business analysis fundamentals,
• Patience, People and Non-profit Acumen with understanding of NGO and Government working trends and business strategies,
• Display patience and persistence on getting things done with a sense of agency, and yet a deep resolve to challenge and change the status quo,
• Demonstration of core beliefs and values of Pratham – a learning and listening mindset, evidence and analytical decision-making, respect for teams and colleagues, and agility and efficiency in planning and execution,
• Analytical thinker with attention to detail; being resourceful and possessing strong conceptual and problem-solving skills,
• Strong communication (oral and written) skills. Proficiency in English is mandatory,
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, maintain composure under stressful work conditions, and function efficiently in a loosely structured work environment while being comfortable and patient with a lack of structure,
• Willingness to undertake regular travel, sometimes including to remote locations.
The position is based in New Delhi
Please send your resume along with a cover letter, outlining your motivations and suitability for the role, to https://bit.ly/Apply_Pratham_BAPM and mention “Technical Project Manager/Business Analyst” in the subject. Once we have done resume shortlisting, we will be sending you an assessment to completion. We will have at least 3 Interview rounds (1 Technical, 1 Team , 1 HR ). Final Offer will be shared after the compensation discussion. The CTC for this role is in the range of 8-12 LPA and the person will be reporting to the Lead for Digital Transformation. A minimum of three recommendations will be needed as we proceed through the selection process.