Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE’ or ‘Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education’, is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
- Strengthen Government’s mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
- Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communitie
- Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
The Associate Program Manager will provide support to the project teams to ensure smooth and timely delivery of end-to-end project deliverables, including project planning, stakeholder management, data management, resource allocation, progress monitoring, reporting and documentation of project outcomes and success.
1) Program Reporting and Communication
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive view of program aspects, including human resources, finances, project activities, strategic communication, partnerships, policy advocacy, and educational technology.
- Assist in managing project resources under the guidance of senior management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual work plans, ensuring timely and quality reviews and submissions under the guidance of senior management.
- Facilitate clear communication within the project teams (may be cross-functional).
- Support senior management in maintaining communication with external stakeholders, sharing updates, achievements, and challenges.
- Ensure timely reporting both within and outside the organisation.
2) Program Implementation and Stakeholder Engagement
- Collaborate with senior program managers in overseeing the planning and execution of project activities.
- Ensure activities are carried out according to the project plan and timeline.
- Foster collaboration and coordination among different stakeholders.
3) Facilitating Operations:
- Regular liaison and communication with state/program and central teams with respect to the emerging needs and demands at any point of time and facilitating processes.
- Internal coordination, communication, documentation and planning
- Collaborate with relevant teams across the organisation (Pedagogy, M&E, finance etc.) as required to ensure smooth operations and timely implementation.
Skill and Knowledge
- Ability to plan and execute projects
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability for editorial reviews
- The ability to collect and analyse data to deliver meaningful results (Ms Excel skills for data summarisation and visualisation)
- Team building and conflict resolution
- Ability to conduct desk review and literature review on cross curricular topics aligned to inclusive education
Familiarity with project management softwares
- Knowledge of writing-styles, relevant style guides, and an understanding of language and grammar.
Research methods and data collection techniques and Basics of data analysis and presentation
- Understanding of team development, team dynamics, mediation and negotiation.
- Knowledge about childrens’ development, education for children with disabilities, early years learning
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Education, Management, Social Work, Social Sciences, etc). Master`s degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years of program management or related experience.
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Willingness to travel.
Working Location: New Delhi
Deadline: 15th December 2023
Positions available: 1
Please send the following to email@example.com. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.